Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The relationship of direction indicator

Well I have had moments landing that where not perfect was that using RTH I now know to not entirely rely on the auto feature of RTH and will cancel and do it manually if need be. Did you create a video of the flight ? Was it a night flight ? post it if you can
No Video Sir
it was a night test flight with a new controller.
Mostly it was to take off and land in that less than ideal environment.
The Tello video feed is marginal to non exhistant when metal is so close....
with no directional indicator you are lost at a few feet with the Tello.

I really sympathize with those learning to fly in a large large city like Bangcock.
There are recent great step by step procedures for compass directional indicator syncing here.....
That said I had a hard time in a rural environment getting the hang of the positional indicator......my steel toed work boots can throw the indicator off....I try not to wear them but if I do the turn on process is get on knees with boots as far away from bird as possible.....then lean over to double press the Spark power and crawl back before it fully comes on.

Even slightly buried pieces of metal can make you wonder what is wrong.

Keep Learning guys

And if given the opportunity get away from all that concrete filled rebar and so many wifi and Bluetooth radio waves......The Spark is a remarkable craft.....it’s worth a day trip to take it for a little fly time in a rural area.

Thanks for the feed back on that one . I am encouraged by your comments and well I was a bit premature on the sunset but we are going to the beach and will fly there .

I Have to say that part of the flying process for me has been to overcome the idea that I may be about to be pounced on by some one . This has not happened and like I may have said before mostly it's like I am not even there as was the case yesterday .

We went to an area and there was a temple a large one .
Looked like there was a funeral going one . I don't speak Thai and tried to communicate ended talking to a couple of monks who did speak English a little .
I am attracted to the Buddhist culture and yesterday saw it from a different POV .
Ended up doing a short flight inside the Temple grounds .
I suppose it staying away from any military areas and airports palaces going
by my gut feeling and if in the event of a problem pack up and move on .

No Video Sir
it was a night test flight with a new controller.
Mostly it was to take off and land in that less than ideal environment.
The Tello video feed is marginal to non exhistant when metal is so close....
with no directional indicator you are lost at a few feet with the Tello.

I really sympathize with those learning to fly in a large large city like Bangcock.
There are recent great step by step procedures for compass directional indicator syncing here.....
That said I had a hard time in a rural environment getting the hang of the positional indicator......my steel toed work boots can throw the indicator off....I try not to wear them but if I do the turn on process is get on knees with boots as far away from bird as possible.....then lean over to double press the Spark power and crawl back before it fully comes on.

Even slightly buried pieces of metal can make you wonder what is wrong.

Keep Learning guys

Y

I think that's what keeps me going something new each flight . Like not waiting till critical battery level is squawking out and taking over if the landing is not spot on . Its almost always within the ball park but also I have found hitting the X stops the landing and it also stops the RTH beeping . Then I just bring it down manually and land no Beeping that can be a plus .

I may have posted this video before but it illustrates a bad landing and well no harm done but I could have avoided it using the manual method . The props got a little scraping but luckily I always fly with the guards on .The landing is at 5.32 in the video . That video was one before I started editing and adding sound .

Reactions: Z.Rozanoff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme