Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The rights of droners!

Blellow

Join
Aug 4, 2018
Does anyone know of a group that is fighting for the rights of droners? In CT it is illegal to fly almost everywhere.

Reactions: Doma
Thank you! This is the info I've been searching for with little result. We really need to unite and claim the rights of droners.

Does anyone know of a group that is fighting for the rights of droners? In CT it is illegal to fly almost everywhere.
the one place you would be able to fly is if you joined a RC club and used the field where they fly and yes your not the only person with these concerns in New York there are limited areas to fly .

Reactions: dndhurl and Doma
Just read the FAA regulation on your rights to fly. It's mostly common sense. Heed the warnings if you are using AirMap. There are irresponsible droners out there and they spoilt it for others by being careless. For example the incident that happened at Yellowstone National Park. Can you imagine drones flying everywhere in a major city? Falling drones hitting people beneath would be a calamity. Drones at National Parks will spoil the experience for most people hearing the buzzing of drones all day.

By your logic cars shouldn't be allowed to drive near houses. My friend had a car smash into his house.

I want to fly at CT parks. No one is hardly there. It is illegal to fly at CT parks making them practically useless. In fact there is a lot of misuses of CT parks like dumping unused asphalt. Police use the state forest for a shooting range. Imagine if a camper got shot. Point is the law only goes one way in favor of the people in power. Wake up!

Be a rebel and do it! Fly CT and just don't be careless or stupid. The police are not after Drones. They're too busy chasing killers

Reactions: Doma
I hear your point, but I was warned, and I don't like looking over my shoulder for park rangers when flying. There is also the prinicple. Thank you for your support.

By your logic cars shouldn't be allowed to drive near houses. My friend had a car smash into his house.

I want to fly at CT parks. No one is hardly there. It is illegal to fly at CT parks making them practically useless. In fact there is a lot of misuses of CT parks like dumping unused asphalt. Police use the state forest for a shooting range. Imagine if a camper got shot. Point is the law only goes one way in favor of the people in power. Wake up!
I say Do it! Smartly! And come back and share... Is it a public state park? Then you CAN only if national park you cant

all U.S. national parks are NO FLY ZONES . if you do fly in a national park do not post the video , you can be tracked by it and fined . it's happened . even in some parks where there are no posted warnings ( no drones ) the park police do not know the law anyway and will summons you and confiscate your drone and you will have to go to court and also get a lawyer . ask before you fly in a place ( park ) you don't know .

Last edited:
Ban motorcycles and loud cars from parks. They are noisy.

I agree totally. Ban everything that is annoying to the general public. But in reality, when banning nuisances, you have to start somewhere. It is simply easier to ban new things than to ban existing nuisances.

Reactions: Vilco and Leskent
Be a rebel and do it! Fly CT and just don't be careless or stupid. The police are not after Drones. They're too busy chasing killers

I don’t believe that many drone pilots intentionally crash their quad, unfortunately **** happens! When it happens where there is general public around, people freak-out. Hobby drone flyers are an easy target, we’re not united by an organisation, highly financed or represented by a VIP. So authorities make more rules to keep the public safe.
How many unsolved murders are there? Yet people are fined for crossing the street incorrectly, littering, or parking the car for too long. So to think that police are too busy to walk up and get you for illegally flying a drone is dumb! Quad in the air, person with an RC (who provides video evidence to convict themselves), open & shut case. Score another point for the long arm of the law.

HI I'm in CT, and the only laws here are no state or federal parks, no water shed areas, or wildlife reserves. then you have the FAA regs as well. Towns in CT are not allowed to make rules concerning drones unless approved by the state. There are a lot of airports here commercial and private. There is a site in waterford, and salem, and norwich. Where are you located. You can also fly in parks that are not state parks like a town park.

Hi, I am a member of Node here in the uk and I think they are doing a great job trying to make restrictions on flying drones realistic and not banning the use of drones everywhere. Just to mention one element they have asked for support for is the 80 - 90 db noise restriction that is being considered. We have to agree that we dont want our drones to be upsetting people through noise, but if an unreasonable restriction on noise is made law tomorrow, we are all grounded. Node is trying to ensure that any restriction is reasonable and also, that the timing of introducing a regulation gives manufacturers like dji to develop technologies that meet the regulations. I really think that anyone that flies needs to join Node right now and give them support in numbers. Dont just sit back, then complain after it happens, because it will.

Hi, I am a member of Node here in the uk and I think they are doing a great job trying to make restrictions on flying drones realistic and not banning the use of drones everywhere. Just to mention one element they have asked for support for is the 80 - 90 db noise restriction that is being considered. We have to agree that we dont want our drones to be upsetting people through noise, but if an unreasonable restriction on noise is made law tomorrow, we are all grounded. Node is trying to ensure that any restriction is reasonable and also, that the timing of introducing a regulation gives manufacturers like dji to develop technologies that meet the regulations. I really think that anyone that flies needs to join Node right now and give them support in numbers. Dont just sit back, then complain after it happens, because it will.

Got a link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard