Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Today is Beta day!

Join
Jul 30, 2018
Well, I have downloaded the beta version of Litchi for the Spark - with Orbit and Waypoints added. So far I have been to mission hub, created a mission and successfully uploaded it to the app on my Android (Samsung S4 Active). Have not yet flown the bird with it.

I'll be taking it out for a test later this afternoon, if the temps aren't too high. I do not have high expectations, being that the Spark is not one of the choices for drone model in Litchi app (I picked the one for the Mavic..) but so far so good...

I'm sure some others on here have tried this - any experiences to share?

Reactions: Sparkster
Its great, run missions in line of sight.
It will start by going straight up to first waypoints height, then to waypoint 1 position.
ENJOY ;)

I have had the Litchi beta for a couple of weeks and I would be VERY unhappy if I had to go back to DJI GO.

Reactions: Haggi
Beware of an optical illusion - farther away the spark gets, it will appear to be lower in the sky - normal!
Just pay attention to the altitude reading if you get nervous.
And agreed, stay in line of sight... at first :D

Be sure to be on latest official firmware for Spark and Remote.
Latest fw for Spark makes a partition on Spark memory for uploading Litchi Waypoint Mission.
If Spark loose connection to remote, it will continue mission. This is new!
Important to set final behavior in mission. Mine is set to return to WP1..

I already have. Here's a tip.

If you need to stop the waypoint or orbit mission flick to sport mode.

I like litchi a lot!

I already have. Here's a tip.

If you need to stop the waypoint or orbit mission flick to sport mode.

I like litchi a lot!
Here's a tip.

If you make a mission and set it to public in Litchi's Mission Hub, it will not show on the map until you've linked to a video of the mission.

Getting ready to go out and fly it... so far 4 missions saved and one loaded.

Here is a question - when selecting the aircraft, Spark is not listed. Did I make the right choice?

1533852685888.png

Here is a question - when selecting the aircraft, Spark is not listed. Did I make the right choice?

View attachment 6302
Yeah, everything is ok.
I like to set Max Flight Speed to max. So I can go faster (via right stick) when in mission if needed.
I like to have POI's set during missions, hence my Default Gimbal Mode is set to FocusPOI.
Have fun, and do missions in line of sight!

View attachment 6302

Yes, everything is fine.
The Mission Hub is public release and therefore covers the publicly supported DJI models.
Once the beta goes to offical, the Mission Hub should display support for the Spark.

I've been playing with missions for a couple of weeks too...I'm very happy with the results. I've ran some pretty long missions. My last one was 4.04 miles split in half... straight line on the way out and the rest on the way back. Tomorrow I'll run a 4.6 miles first thing in the morning

OK, so here is the mission I flew. I must say it worked flawlessly, once I had enough satellites. I think I needed 11 to fly... it was a little nerve-wracking when it got parallaxially low to the horizon (as was pointed out) but it's all good! I'll post the video after I upload to the tube.

1533861949909.png

Waypoint 4 I took the photo...1533862015751.png
1533862045454.png

Attachments

• 1533861892966.png
    1533861892966.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 40
The only thing I would suggest as good practice, turn on the "Above Ground" checkbox.
From where you takeoff you will be at 32ft
Say in a different area, WP 2 & 3 are 15ft higher than the take off point.
You would just be off the actual ground by 17ft as you go around 2 & 3.
Above Ground uses elevation data from Google Maps.
It takes in consideration WP 2 & 3 is 15ft higher and makes the appropriate adjustments to keep the Spark at 32ft around 2 & 3 as commanded.

Comes in handy when you want to go over a hill :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar