Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Unable to fly Spark in NFZ even with authorization

Casbro

Join
Jan 6, 2020
I setup my flight plan, submit it and get authorization. With the Spark connected. But I still get the unable to takeoff warning. I must be missing how to get the Spark to accept the authorization. Anyone have any suggestions? Other than foil of course. :)IMG_1681.jpegIMG_1682.jpeg

You have to enter the authorization code in whatever app your using to control your Spark

You have to enter the authorization code in whatever app your using to control your Spark
I am using the AirMap and the DJI Go 4 app. AirMap connects to the drone and I can use either it or Go 4 for flight. Except with the Spark. It is flat out grounded. How does one enter the code? I am still getting familiar with the app and have not see where to enter it. I have been searching DJI, Google etc. Have not found the proper instructions. And most of Reno is NFZ.

I am using the AirMap and the DJI Go 4 app. AirMap connects to the drone and I can use either it or Go 4 for flight. Except with the Spark. It is flat out grounded. How does one enter the code? I am still getting familiar with the app and have not see where to enter it. I have been searching DJI, Google etc. Have not found the proper instructions. And most of Reno is NFZ.
I used to do this with only the GO 4 app. It has been awhile. I would try to take off. I think it took a few tries and a option would show in the middle of the screen. I had to scroll down to enter the code and then accept responsibility with a checkbox.

I was able to get the Spark to fly. I will have to do this every three days to fly it in Reno. When I synced the "license" with the aircraft nothing seemed to happen. no message. no license showing in the aircraft. Finally shut down the spark and then fired it up again at halftime. And got the permission to fly popup. Supposed to be active for three days. We shall see. Thanks for the input and pointing me in the right directions. There do not seem to be exact step by step instructions and the use of the term license seems odd. Though "licensed to fly" sounds kinda cool.

I was able to get the Spark to fly. I will have to do this every three days to fly it in Reno. When I synced the "license" with the aircraft nothing seemed to happen. no message. no license showing in the aircraft. Finally shut down the spark and then fired it up again at halftime. And got the permission to fly popup. Supposed to be active for three days. We shall see. Thanks for the input and pointing me in the right directions. There do not seem to be exact step by step instructions and the use of the term license seems odd. Though "licensed to fly" sounds kinda cool.

You should be able to apply for a long term license at [email protected].
Just make one license, note the reference number or better yet, give them the controller # and tell them you need a longer date range.
They are very fast on the reply.
Matter of fact, they helped me instantly get a "dual zone" license (when zones overlap) and helped me with an altitude unlock so I could reach 3000AGL so I could video high school student rockets capable of reaching Mach 1
...with FAA authorization of course.

If you have ANY issues at all, contact them at that email.

You should be able to apply for a long term license at [email protected].
Just make one license, note the reference number or better yet, give them the controller # and tell them you need a longer date range.
They are very fast on the reply.
Matter of fact, they helped me instantly get a "dual zone" license (when zones overlap) and helped me with an altitude unlock so I could reach 3000AGL so I could video high school student rockets capable of reaching Mach 1
...with FAA authorization of course.

If you have ANY issues at all, contact them at that email.
Many Many Thanks!

how-to unlock video here spells it all out. You need to get the zone unlock code, then also upload that code TO THE AIRCRAFT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex