Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Update regret!

Leskent

Join
Dec 2, 2017
When DJI finally sanctioned the use of OTG on Go 4 for Android, I duly updated both the app and drone firmware, after resisting updates for months because of OTG. well I may live to regret that decision because on Sunday I had my first EVER! Spark issue.
I never start my motors until I have at least 12 sats then I start and wait a few seconds and then hover for a few more by this time I have usually 14-16 sats, well on this flight by the time I started my manoeuvres I had 14 sats so off I went then 30 seconds into the flight Zero sats drone now in atti mode and flying away luckily only obstacle avoidance stopped it in it tracks.
I landed it started it up again for a faultless flight this time, never had anything like this happen before I fly in this location most days, so my suspicion is the update here is the flight video,

Reactions: pmshop
Wow that was very lucky that didn't crash into that tree. It happens to everyone don't worry about it it's happened twice on me with the spark and 1 with my Mavic Pro. The spark doesn't have any redundancy compass or imu to fall back on so it sceptical to this happening. I actually like flying the spark in atti mode mine happened a mile out so I had to fly it back. Dji should of given atti mode in all its drones. The drone when it goes into attitudes mode is still flyable it just isn't giving you gps and all stability you get with GPS. I learned on rc nitro helicopters without all this GPS safety nets. That's why when it goes into atti I don't panic cause I know what to expect.

It just took me by surprise and it was spinning out of control moving without any input from me as you can see I was just hovering waiting for them to start rowing and it took off

Out of interest Gavie, how did you know where you're Spark was from a mile out when you didn't have GPS? I've not encountered this problem yet but any advise if and when it does happen would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Junebug and Leskent
Out of interest Gavie, how did you know where you're Spark was from a mile out when you didn't have GPS? I've not encountered this problem yet but any advise if and when it does happen would be much appreciated!
I still had video feed. The video doesn't disappear when it goes into atti mode.

Ha, I hit a magnetic field, lost GPS, lost compass, and directly into atti mode. Also loss signal.
I heard it go over my head and luckily it picked up the GPS and signals. And I was able to quickly hit home button.

Reactions: graywoulf
Ok here is the flight log from my random flight error, just to add I fly in this same location 3-4 times a week and after this flight I loaded a fresh battery and did the same flight without incident? any way here is the log file please tell me what happened????

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-19_[09-42-43][1].txt
    909.2 KB · Views: 10
Ok here is the flight log from my random flight error, just to add I fly in this same location 3-4 times a week and after this flight I loaded a fresh battery and did the same flight without incident? any way here is the log file please tell me what happened????

You had a battery cell deviation of 0.107v about 5 seconds before the crazy YAW, loss of GPS etc...
Not saying that caused it but I would put that battery into question, fly low with it and check for further/ continued deviations.
If they are still there on subsequent flights, replace it.

Now on another note, I had a craft with a YAW error where it would come straight home, face 45° right, back to home and 45° about every two seconds on the way home.
Another issue I personally saw was the motors surging/ cycling accelerations.

Sometimes things happen that have no apparent cause.

I would open up a service ticket on it and see what DJI says.

yeah if it happens again I will, - (note to self, label batteries) as I am unsure which battery it was now DOH!
I never considered that it may be a battery issue.

Hi. I call tell you which battery it was ;).
The one with Serial Number 0C0AE88B3206D6.

Upload your logs to airdata.com & discover the battery SN used during a flight.

Or use CsvView Introduction
with
[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

You can also check the battery SN 'currently' operating in Spark within DJI Go, under battery status -> details.
Unless you have a microscope to read from the battery label?

Dropbox - Serial#.JPG
Dropbox - Screenshot_20180529-150752.png

TXT to CSV:
Dropbox - DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-21_[22-24-39].csv

Happy Flying!

Edit: How do I remove duplicate file attachments on this site?

Attachments

• BatteryDeviation1.JPG
    BatteryDeviation1.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Serial#.JPG
    Serial#.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 20
  • Serial#.JPG
    Serial#.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 21
  • Serial#.JPG
    Serial#.JPG