Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

URGENT::magnetic interference stuck on compass calibration

momo

Join
Dec 23, 2017
I get magnetic interference detected no matter where go. The app says to calibrate compass. When I head to calibrating compass however - there is no button to calibrate - rather in red text(see image) I get 'restart t... aircraft'. This happens on both latest firmware and the base factory reset firmware.

I am unable to take off or fly aircraft. I need it to work urgently for a family outing that I have. Please help.

Attachments

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
I get magnetic interference detected no matter where go. The app says to calibrate compass. When I head to calibrating compass however - there is no button to calibrate - rather in red text(see image) I get 'restart t... aircraft'. This happens on both latest firmware and the base factory reset firmware.

I am unable to take off or fly aircraft. I need it to work urgently for a family outing that I have. Please help.
Just out of curiosity...have you tried doing it outdoors?

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
Are you current with all the Firmware updates?

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
Hmm...I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else has an idea about what it could be.

beachcombing

Join
Jun 9, 2017
Assuming that you have removed any magnetic items from your person when you are attempting the calibration ... watch, cell phone, keys, etc., you might have a defective unit.

Reactions: Kilrah

Kilrah

Join
Aug 26, 2017
Never seen or read about that "reatart_aircraft" message. Remove/reinstall the app or try another mobile device, if it still does it after that in a clear area outdoors then I'd go with defective unit as well.

Zookeeper

Join
Dec 29, 2017
Sounds like a faulty spark or you are in close proximity to something like, TV transmitter mast, Cell phone repeater tower or a mains electric pylon..

kzeitel

Join
Jan 12, 2018
Hi all. I had the same issue. Fixed it with a magnet making some circles around the compass area. Recalibrated it after that and it works like a charme.

Reactions: Filipe

Filipe

Join
Dec 4, 2017
I have the same issue.
Out of nowhere SPARK could not get started.
Flew it in the morning, with no issues at all .. went for lunch, got back in the afternoon and could not get it to take off.

A message showing that compass needed calibration showed up
frontmsg.jpg

Tried to Calibrate compass, but it shows "DISCONECTED" , Note that there is no reading comming from it.
disconnected.jpg

When you click calibrate compass, it goes to a screen where it says to restart aircraft.

restart2.jpg

Already tryied the following :
Already updated to latest version software, moved back to previous versions and back again to latest version
Tried to do it on very wide open space with no metal parts around

Results the same... could not get the compass back up again.

Any trics , ideas or suggestions guys to help fix this issue ?

Last edited:

kzeitel

Join
Jan 12, 2018
Thanks ! will try it later tonight !
Youre welcome. Let me know if it works. I had to do it more than one time. Between i tried to calibrate again, i think the third time it worked for me

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtnared