Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using a Spark with an Ipod Touch in the RC?

Yep....trying to find the cheapest used device with a decently bright screen to let him run the DJI app when he flies.

Also true, but that isn't going to help the OP in this case :)
The OP is asking if an iPod Touch can be used. If his nephew is able to get DJI GO running on it, then Bob's his uncle since the iPod Touch is able to connect to the Internet.

The OP is asking if an iPod Touch can be used. If his nephew is able to get DJI GO running on it, then Bob's his uncle since the iPod Touch is able to connect to the Internet.

I think we are past that now, it is an older model iPod and only the most recent iPod can run Go 4...

I think we are past that now, it is an older model iPod and only the most recent iPod can run Go 4...
In that case, the OP's grandson should use whatever mobile device he's going to use to activate the Spark, set up the Spark settings in DJI GO, etc. He surely cannot fly a Spark without ever using DJI GO, so your argument/scenario is not really valid.

In that case, the OP's grandson should use whatever mobile device he's going to use to activate the Spark, set up the Spark settings in DJI GO, etc. He surely cannot fly a Spark without ever using DJI GO, so your argument is really a non-issue.

I'm not sure how you read any of my posts as an 'argument'...

If you re-read the thread you'll probably see that the OP is currently trying to source a 2nd-hand device to allow the Spark to be fully used with the controller, having discovered that it is a requirement and that the older iPod won't work.

The only question I had in all of this was if anyone knows for sure that the recent limitations added to the Mavic also applies to the Spark.

We are assuming it does and that may well be the case, I just don't know for sure.

The only question I had in all of this was if anyone knows for sure that the recent limitations added to the Mavic also applies to the Spark.
In that case, you'll need to patiently wait for DJI to release the next Spark firmware update since it was last updated prior to those changes.

If you're really interested into delving into this off-topic idea some more, you could head over to RC Groups and ask one of the DJI employees there (Ed/Bladestrike). One of them likely know this answer.

Last edited:
The iPad Mini 2 is compatible with DJI GO 4.

@Mark_T, the new limitation has been added in firmware .0400. The Spark release notes state the following:

"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme