Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Vid of first test flight

TavisB

Join
Jun 14, 2017
This was my first time flying the spark and also first time flying a quad outdoors.

I was a bit nervous so didn't try anything too wild. I don't have a controller so was flying via the app on my phone. I had one moment that made me nervous when I was up pretty high and the signal was weak and I couldn't get it to descend for a min. I also somehow stopped recording and lost some footage that I thought I had. I definitely need some practice with the app and to review all the settings some more.

I also tried some of the hand gestures and those seemed to work well as did tracking (thought I was recording this but I wasn't).

did the app edit your video or was this you? just curious... if not, maybe post a video from the app with the same footage to see how it comes out.

I edited with Videostudio.I'll try to do that and post later, good idea.

Last edited:
I tried letting the app do it's own automatic edit of the "best shots". It's so bad I'm not uploading it to my YouTube lol.

Yea, I was curious how it figures out what the "best" shots are. Maybe it detects the dronie, rocket and other quick shots.

It seems to like porta-john shots and me mucking with my phone. I didn't do any quick shots yet so not sure if prioritizes those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe