Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Recording Stops... a lot

Rocco

Join
Jul 12, 2017
More often than not (yet not 100% of the time) my spark stops recording video. I'm using a 128GB card that is among the fastest on the market (My Phantom 4 Pro loves this card and has no issues).

I have tried formatting the card in the computer (Windows). Tried formatting it using the DJI Go App. I've tried re-seating it. in the spark, etc.

I was only able to find a thread on the mavicpilots.com board of this happening to one person and there was no resolution.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? Have any of you had the same issue?

Per the manual, the highest supported SD card for the Spark is 64GB.

I had a hard time finding that in the manual - granted I was searching the PDF and could have not been search correctly. I'll try that ASAP and report back.

Thanks!

For searching the PDF manual
CTRL + F works wonders for me
LOL -- yeah I get it - I did search but just wasn't keying in the right stuff...

Last night I tried a freshly formatted 64GB card and I had the exact same problem.

This drone is amazing for the price! I liken it to "80% as good as my Phantom 4 Pro for 30% of the cost!" but what's killing me is not being able to record more than 20-30 seconds of video at a time.

This evening I will try a different card (32GB) and a different device (iPhone 7 Plus instead of iPad Mini 4) and report back tomorrow. I am going to switch devices to make sure it might not be a caching issue... just a shot in the dark.

There's a setting in the App that limits the video cache, I doubt it's that considering the lowest it goes is 1GB but I still bumped mine up to 10GB just because I didn't want my videos to cut short or try anything funky after a tiny bit of recording...
LOL -- yeah I get it - I did search but just wasn't keying in the right stuff...

Last night I tried a freshly formatted 64GB card and I had the exact same problem.

This drone is amazing for the price! I liken it to "80% as good as my Phantom 4 Pro for 30% of the cost!" but what's killing me is not being able to record more than 20-30 seconds of video at a time.

This evening I will try a different card (32GB) and a different device (iPhone 7 Plus instead of iPad Mini 4) and report back tomorrow. I am going to switch devices to make sure it might not be a caching issue... just a shot in the dark.

There's a setting in the App that limits the video cache, I doubt it's that considering the lowest it goes is 1GB but I still bumped mine up to 10GB just because I didn't want my videos to cut short or try anything funky after a tiny bit of recording...
I have the same problem, with the recording stopping as well. Hoping that increasing the limits will help

Firestat

I have the same problem, with the recording stopping as well. Hoping that increasing the limits will help

Firestat

Issue seems to be resolved. 4 separate flights yesterday with no stoppage of recording. I upped the cache on the device to 16GB (max) and put in a 16GB card that was formatted bu the drone itself.

I have had Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, OSMO Mobile and none of them have ever required me to change the video cache setting. Does anyone know why spark needs this setting but none of the other DJI aircraft?

More often than not (yet not 100% of the time) my spark stops recording video. I'm using a 128GB card that is among the fastest on the market (My Phantom 4 Pro loves this card and has no issues).

I have tried formatting the card in the computer (Windows). Tried formatting it using the DJI Go App. I've tried re-seating it. in the spark, etc.

I was only able to find a thread on the mavicpilots.com board of this happening to one person and there was no resolution.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? Have any of you had the same issue?
My problem is when i take off I press record and everything seems fine. After about 5 minutes, the DJI Go app crashes (Android) and once i load it back up it says I'm still recording but when I go back and look at the footage. I only get footage from after the crash of the app. Never get the take off footage. I'm using a 64 gig sd card. Really wondering if they haven't spent as much time with the Android app then they have with the IOS version.

I have same issue since I bough my Spark. Tried two different cards. First one, i used to get low speed card. but with this one I have no such error, I can record 4k video in my Sony cam with it.
Video always stops when I try to record, random times, after couple of seconds. Maximum I was Able to record was ~1 minute. Many times app shows that it still records, sometimes doesn't.. but when it does, I can see that it stops recording on the drone itself, according LEDs'. I don't think it is a micro sd card issue, as extremely many people are complaining about this, although I'll buy one of the fastest sd cards in few days and see if the issue is solved..

Update. I have not received my "Super fast" sd card, but I downgraded DJI GO 4 app from 4.1.18 to 4.1.15. Then today I went to fly around, and it got automatically updated to 4.1.18 again just when I wanted to fly. And, the issue disappeared, maybe completely, not sure yet. However, I was able to record many videos without them stopping automatically, even with very slow and old SD card. So it must be something with update and the app itself, rather then the drone or SD Cards. I also noticed that 4.1.18 has errors while using usb cable (OTG), no information is show of battery, altitude, distance etc. I know from reading that 4.1.15 has no such issue. It is strange that my app got updated automatically without supplying any permissions to do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme