Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What should I get to replace the Spark?

ReV:-O

Join
Apr 29, 2020
Loc
UK
Hi all,

Very unimpressed with my DJI Spark & DJI Goggles, and the money I paid for them. The video transmission feed quality is very poor, even from a few metres away (FCC mode, OTG cable, phone on airplane mode, no interference etc). It is so low-quality that FPV is impossible.

I have a much cheaper DYS Shark mini-whoop with a set of Eachine EV800D goggles. About £200 altogether. The video transmission feed quality is far superior to the DJI.

Pictures attached.

I want to sell my DJI so I can buy a different small GPS drone that I can use 5.8G goggles with. I don't want to start messing around modding the Spark with a separate FPV camera setup. Does anyone have any thoughts on the following?

FIMI A3 - FIMI A3 Drone

FIMI X8 SE - FIMI X8SE 2020

I couldn't seem to find any other decent drones apart from the Hubsan Zino, which is too big and heavy.

Thanks for the advice!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200502-145138.jpg
    Screenshot_20200502-145138.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0506.jpg
    DSC_0506.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: foxy drone 3
Looks to me you aren't using the footage from the SD card, the phone grabs always aren't that good, download the footage or fotos from the SD card. I have found the Spark to be excellent for video and still images for it's price ! check out my youtube channel " flash - the drone man "Grab_thumb_1d4b.jpeg

Hi all,

Very unimpressed with my DJI Spark & DJI Goggles, and the money I paid for them. The video transmission feed quality is very poor, even from a few metres away (FCC mode, OTG cable, phone on airplane mode, no interference etc). It is so low-quality that FPV is impossible.

I have a much cheaper DYS Shark mini-whoop with a set of Eachine EV800D goggles. About £200 altogether. The video transmission feed quality is far superior to the DJI.

Pictures attached.

I want to sell my DJI so I can buy a different small GPS drone that I can use 5.8G goggles with. I don't want to start messing around modding the Spark with a separate FPV camera setup. Does anyone have any thoughts on the following?

FIMI A3 - FIMI A3 Drone

I couldn't seem to find any other decent drones apart from the Hubsan Zino, which is too big and heavy.

Thanks for the advice!

Fimi x8 2020 looks pretty sweet!

Were you looking for an FPV drone and got a Spark camera drone?

Why is it that people who want to know about other drones than the great Spark, ask about them on a SPARK forum?! What's wrong with asking about them on their forums? It's tedious enough to scroll through a very long list of subjects related to just the Spark to have non Spark questions adding to that list.sorry for the rant to Spark flyers.

Hi, Patrick from Glasgow, totally agree with you got spark combo second hand £375 eBay
Hi all,

Pictures attached.

FIMI A3 - FIMI A3 Drone

Thanks for the advice!

Had it up 10 minutes,had to bring it back down, can't believe battery life shocking no good what's so ever if New about battery life I would not whent near it were thay think thay can get 1haf miles don't know no time to get it back took it for granted because it was DJI it would be b quality no so feel ript off £375 that's how I won't to swap for phantom 3 had 2 phantom great drone miss it , so are anyone interested in swop DJI combo bag controller and everything else that goes with it , Patrick, Scotland Glaagow ,,
Hi, Patrick from Glasgow, totally agree with you got spark combo second hand £375 eBay

Why is it that people who want to know about other drones than the great Spark, ask about them on a SPARK forum?! What's wrong with asking about them on their forums? It's tedious enough to scroll through a very long list of subjects related to just the Spark to have non Spark questions adding to that list.sorry for the rant to Spark flyers.
Yikes. With that friendly response I’m not sure why anyone would want to post here.

It is a legitimate question for those who have had a spark and upgraded to something else.

If everyone responds like this you’ll be the only one here and it’ll be easy to scroll though the posts. ?

C

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme