Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which are the best (least fogging-up?) corrective lenses for my DJI RE goggles and how do I read my prescription?

Andrei

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Hi,

I tried to use my DJI RE goggles with and without glasses and I really need to put some corrective lenses inside. I have found a choice of three companies which offer such lenses. They are:

DJI: DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses - Correct Hyperopia for Clearer Sight
RHO-lenses: Solace for DJI Goggles – RHO-Lens
FocusFixers: https://www.focus-fixers.com/

Which ones would you recommend? Is there one brand which is really better than the other two? Which ones are less likely to fog-up?

Also, this is the prescription for my eyes:

Selection_495.png

Can you read that? Does it indicate what my 1) Diopter Correction and what my 2) Minimum Focus Distance (MFD) are?

Finally, one of the websites, (the DJI one) says: " "The recommended diopter is +1.0D higher than your prescription. For example, for a +2.0D diopter, +3.0D Goggles corrective lenses should be selected."

Is that true? Should I add +1 diopter over what my prescription is?

Thank yo for any help with this!

I use reading glasses but dont know the grade so I went to walmart and tried reading glasses. I added 1 to whatever grade that worked for me and ordered the DJI corrective lenses. It will fog up but not too bad. I have not tried any anti fog sprays yet. It hasnt bothered me yet.

Hi,

I tried to use my DJI RE goggles with and without glasses and I really need to put some corrective lenses inside. I have found a choice of three companies which offer such lenses. They are:

Which ones would you recommend? Is there one brand which is really better than the other two? Which ones are less likely to fog-up?

View attachment 8830

Can you read that? Does it indicate what my 1) Diopter Correction and what my 2) Minimum Focus Distance (MFD) are?

Finally, one of the websites, (the DJI one) says: " "The recommended diopter is +1.0D higher than your prescription. For example, for a +2.0D diopter, +3.0D Goggles corrective lenses should be selected."

To me, wasn't true.
I think I should add +2 diopter for best view.

For now, I use goggles, with my glasses on.

Hi,

View attachment 8830

forward that prescription onto Focus Fixers. They may be able to guide you. Regarding anti fog, try using shaving cream on the glass, then clean it off. You can find YT videos with the details wherein this is done on car glass

There are anti fogging sprays on the market, check with your pharmacy. Course in a pinch you can do what I always did to my SCUBA mask before a dive-spit on them, wipe it around and dry off. Don’t laugh, it’s an old diving trick and it works.
NB

Reactions: Andre Levite
Hi,

View attachment 8830

Focus fixers work great. Their web site will guide you to the strength to use.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme