Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which (cheap) tablet works with go app and spark?

Mikey87

Join
Jul 6, 2018
Loc
Netherlands
I am looking for a cheap tablet which is working with the go app and spark. I saw the huawei t3 7" tablet. Is this device still fully compitable with the app?
Have see some messages that it is not compitable anymore with the new fw. Any tips?

I bought a Huawei Elate and it's been fine.

Just remember that you get what you pay for. Best to spend a bit more and have a device that performs well with DJI’s software. Just my 2 cents.....

Reactions: mano and TRuav
I am looking for a cheap tablet which is working with the go app and spark. I saw the huawei t3 7" tablet. Is this device still fully compitable with the app?
Have see some messages that it is not compitable anymore with the new fw. Any tips?
I didn,t know much about smart phones or tablets my best friend with the spark in fact that is it,s only job samsung galaxy e tab i can see it anytime and it hasn't let me down . they seem really compatible

I'm using Lenovo tab 4, $120 on Amazon. I was unable to hook up OTG but it's working flawlessly on WiFi. Bright picture, very happy with it.

I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (150€), which looks nice for drone flying. I will test it when it arrives (should be here in abut two weeks) and I'll update with the results.

I ordered a Lenovo tab 3 plus 10". I have to tell, the first 3 flights were great. Big screen, full hd and OTG also works. Great so far!

I just bought a Lenovo tab4 8" and it works great! Apparently doesn't support OTG at this time, but other than that it is an awesome tablet and they are $106 right now at Amazon.

I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (150€), which looks nice for drone flying. I will test it when it arrives (should be here in abut two weeks) and I'll update with the results.
Did my first flights with the Mi Pad. Everything seems to work fine, both with DJI Go an Litchi. I did same basic flying and a waypoint mission with Litchi. Screen contrast in bright sunlight is not too bad, but of course my galaxy S7 OLED screen is better in this respect. The tablet hardly fits into the controler clamps, I need to get a standoff. I did not test OTG since my cable is Micro USB and the tables has USB C.

The WIFI version of the tablet I bought does not have a GPS sensor so you can't use a dynamic homepoint at your device, but I never did this anyway (LTE version does GPS). Not having Internet while flying is a bit annoying since the caching of Google maps does not work very reliably. But I have the same problem with my phone when flying in an area without mobile Internet coverage.

edit: checked OTG (my old cable with an micro-USB->USB-C adapter), works fine

Last edited:
Anything larger than 200mm won't fit, Mi Pad is exactly 200.2mm. It is possible to force it in, but I do not have a good feeling about it, I'll be getting a mount.
mipad_spark.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast