Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which mode FCC or CE?

Tentoes

Join
Jun 5, 2019
Loc
Oklahoma USA
My spark always has to "Change WIFI Settings" before it will fly. I always use the remote and OTG cable. Anyhow, I live in USA, have never been to CE territory. Since I usually loose the signal at about 1600 ft (483 meters) in the open spaces of Oklahoma, I'm wondering if it's switching to CE mode.

Is there a place to look?

Make sure your mobile device has GPS turned on.

The GO4 app will determine your location (provided the mobile device has the GPS enabled); the app will determine your country of operation and communicate with the Spark to switch between FCC and CE modes.

Last edited:
My spark always has to "Change WIFI Settings" before it will fly. I always use the remote and OTG cable. Anyhow, I live in USA, have never been to CE territory. Since I usually loose the signal at about 1600 ft (483 meters) in the open spaces of Oklahoma, I'm wondering if it's switching to CE mode.

Is there a place to look?

Yes. If you see 11 channels you are on FCC. If you see 13 it's CE.

Look at 4:58

Reactions: tfrank48
At the DJI class now. I'll count channels when we have a break.

How nice of them to build this fancy hotel right BETWEEN two class E airspaces!

• Haha
Reactions: Spark 317
Hmm.

Today I can't get Phoebe the Spark to connect to her remote.:confused:

Solution to not communicating was to reset the spark by holding the power button till she beeped twice. Then I could link and it no longer demands I switch WAN settings every time I turn it on.

I counted channels: I see 16 channels.

Screenshot_20200124-152406[1].jpg

Oh. I see. 1 - 11, then 149 - 165

Of course, now that it doesn't change settings every time, I'll never know, or care, what mode it WAS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis