Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which tablet

Yaas

Join
Aug 16, 2017
Hi
Just needed a definitive answer to this question
I am currently using my S7 Edge with my RC but would very much like an Apple device that will fit on the RC
Can you guys please advice,what is the best option?

Thanks & sorry if this has already been asked before

See in DJI Spark Accessories & Tips - Spark Help, section "Phone/Tablet (needed to run the DJI GO app)".
One of your first questions will be budjet, cell capability, ... there is usually not one answer but iPad mini 4 with DIY tablet mount is working nice one for Spark but it cannot handle 4k video of a Phantom or Mavic.

Yaas, I'm quite the noob in this sport....owning Spark four days now. Did fly with S8+ but added the mini-4 yesterday....way nicer
than flying with the S8+.
I went WiFi only with the mini-4, would have bought cellular and not activated it=only using the GPS, alas BestBuy local had none
and truth is my flights will invariably be simple ones and my chief goal with a 'screen' will be to aim the camera, and for that the mini-4 is
probably overkill.

For mounting your tablet to your Spark RC we would recommend you take a look at the MavMount

I thought the iPad mini 4 fits into the RC
Would I need a holder?
It gets heavy after awhile.
Nice to have a neck strap.
More time concentrating on flying, less time worrying about dropping the tablet.

Thinking of getting an iPhone 6
Seems to be a cheaper option as I am not really keen on getting neck strap,seems too bulky
I'll be able to make the most of the flying experience as well

I would recommend the iPad Pro with a Mav Mount. Wonderful to have a 12.9" screen to watch where you are flying and see all of your options. My iPhone was lighter but I will take the weight to get the view.

Reactions: Manazuma
Going to give the iPhone a try & see if it's better as I'm having a few issues with my S7 Edge
Tried with ipad air & it seems a lot better

If you want easy and convenient go with an Ipad Mini 4. I've been flying DJI drones for some time. I've used and own all kinds/models of Apple Ipads. Supported Ipads work without issue. I've never had a problem with any of my Ipads when compared to what you read in thread where people with Android devices are hit and miss (working).

For my Spark I prefer using my Ipad Mini 4. When it comes to the Spark I want to get set-up fast and go. The Ipad Mini 4 fits in the controllers arms without any issues. I find the weight/balance to be just fine if you position it, "landscape". The Ipad Mini 4 screen is large enough for even my old eyes and good enough for what the Spark is capable of.

The downside of just putting the Ipad Mini 4 in the controller is you can't use any type of sunshade. So thats a consideration.

When it comes to my Mavic Pro, I typically use my Ipad Air 2 or if I feel I need to see more detail I'll use the my Ipad Pro 12" with the Mavmount and if necessary a Hoodman sunshade. Of course thats more set-up time and even with the Mavmount which I really like, the Remote is heavier and I won't risk dropping either so I use a lanyard.

If you want to use a sunshade, I strongly recommend the Mavmount. I've tried a few other 3D printer ones from ebay and amazon and they weight is all wrong. Makes the remote top heavy which becomes problematic if you fly a long time....

Reactions: Yaas and Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar