Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will the Mavic Air replace the Spark

Yeah, nice pics. And the battery would be in the back with the dual color markings and it looks like it could be pretty beefy too !

21' would be a nice upgrade over the Spark's 12/13' of real life flying time, but if it's 21 vs the official (I think) 16', well...

Last edited:
post-68393-0-12750500-1516629265.jpg

Looks like those front legs are collapsed.

Thanks to all who are taking the time to post the photos - much appreciated. Have to wait for all the details but right now I am completely happy with my P3P, Mavic and Sparks.

The photo of the poster has '21' in the bottom right corner. I think that'll be the flight time. If that's the case then it suggests this is intended to sit between the Spark and the Mavic in the product line up. My prediction is that the spark combo price will drop to £499 or £599, the Mavic air at £799 with controller, (£899 fly more combo), and the Mavic Pro will be £999 standard price.
I dont think they can drop the Spark price that much for combo it will be an insult to most who paid 629.

Reactions: amir
it will be an insult to most who paid 629
Too late for insults...DJI has already insulted the poor guys overseas that are only getting minimal range out of the Spark

Fortunately there are ways around it. If the Mavic Air is limited to WiFi it's going to be the same problem too...

As for "insults", wasn't the Spark Combo at $399 recently at Microcenter ?

Reactions: Robdec17
If the Mavic Air is limited to WiFi it's going to be the same problem too...
If this new AC doesn't have occusync or lightbridge and a wired RC connection, then its crap. Unfortunately, I'd guess this thing was in development well prior to the Spark release, thus DJI wouldn't have known about the ongoing wifi issues with the Spark

Reactions: Sparkbart
IMHO it definitely needs a gimbal with a pan axis and a proper USB connection on the remote.
I'm using a large Crystal Sky monitor with my spark and the cable arrangement/connection required is laughable.
I really like my spark, but those two things are niggles.

Why is this in Spark discussion, it belongs to General where is a discussion too? The Mavic Air is no Spark.

Anyway, I think I am going to keep my Spark. With my modded antenna and in FCC mode (EU), I maintain a strong video link as far as I can go in sports mode (3.5km) before i‘ve to return, so that‘s pretty badazz now. And a 2-axis gimbal won‘t me give better footage even if the camera says 4k.

I am only furious already now because all of a sudden I now understand why the Spark doesn‘t support RAW for photos: to protect the Mavic Air. So sad.

Anyway, I think I am going to keep my Spark. With my modded antenna and in FCC mode (EU), I maintain a strong video link as far as I can go in sports mode (3.5km)

What antenna do you have? I just orderd a Spark and I'm interested in an antenna mod if I can get a good video link like yours

I just read that DJI is offering a 50% off trade-in allowance for Spark folks that want to buy the Mavic Air (or whatever the name will be). ;)

I wonder if this is the reason that DJI plans to start supporting the OTG cable for the Spark (assuming that we all don’t jump ship and head over to the “Sparvic” camp.......)

Jake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit