Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wind speed in your city? I Want to know

werewolfk501

Join
Sep 30, 2019
This is because here, in Bsas, theres always between 10 to 20 knots.
Every single day i check the wind (UAV Forecast) to fly and always the same, 12kn, 15kn, 20kn......
I made 5 flights since i got it.....
Im frustrated

You should be still able to fly. I think the Spark can handle some pretty stiff winds.

Last edited:
Not good today, but 80% of time okay, I change by reading to 150 ft of the deck.
My reading mph

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191112-132216.png
    Screenshot_20191112-132216.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 18
Screenshot_20191112-135639.png

11 degrees Fahrenheit.

Brrr.

Try Oktofly.com which is through AirData. It is more accurate then UAV Forecast. I used UAV Forecast for a long time and it seemed it would not update the forecast for the next day. Would just show high winds day after day when in reality they were not as strong as was showing on their app.

Remember to look at the wind profile, it will show you how far up it may be safe to go... You should be able to handle gusts up to about 32km... (some guys will risk more, not me!) just remember to keep it low on days where you are getting close to that threshold. If its like that at 10 meters, then I would pass on flying. There are some other resources you can try if you have a computer handy, somehave apps also. try Windy.com and Weather Forecast Maps

I often do a comparison between all three of those... Windy lets you check ground level and next up to 100m, so it lets you see the difference, and shows you the wind direction(s) too.

Where I live, its almost always windy, so planning ahead is essential.

Watch your Spark, if its leaning way over to one side or being buffeted, then it may be struggling to keep the gimbal level. A strong wind gust can knock the compass and IMU out of sync with each other, then you lose your GPS lock, then you are manually flying. Sport mode will give you the best emergency wind fighting power if that ever happens to you.

Fly safe

The Spark manual says - Do not fly in wind speeds greater than 10m/s.
That's 36km/hr or 22mph.
I usually find wind speeds close to 15km/hr in my area but Japan being an archipelago, it doesn't take long for the wind speed to get crazy.

Wind.JPG

Yep. Me too.

Perfect in the morning and day. But the winds pick up in the afternoon.

I do bring the Spark with me to work everyday and catch a flight during lunch.

I may sneak off this morning for a quick photo opportunity.

But it's 7 degrees Fahrenheit (-14 C).

A cold front moved through last evening and today's winds in northeast Florida (per UAV Forecast) were 10mph gusting to 15. They seemed stronger than that at my house most of the day.

This is because here, in Bsas, theres always between 10 to 20 knots.
Every single day i check the wind (UAV Forecast) to fly and always the same, 12kn, 15kn, 20kn......
I made 5 flights since i got it.....
Im frustrated
24 to 35 Kn/hr here in Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia almost every day!!! :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme