Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Winter Storage

You are fortunate in that DJI uses smart batteries. In "THEORY" you could fully charge the batteries and let the smart batteries discharge themselves to "storage" levels". I wouldn't recommend that. I would charge them till I got the third light flashing then put them in a nice temperature controlled room in some fireproof-like container. I'd check them every couple weeks to make sure the DJI battery safety features didn't completely drain the battery.

My Phantom 4 can go several months between uses. I do as I said, charge till the third light is flashing then I put the batteries in an old steel ammo can and put it on my basement floor away from anything that might ignite. I've basically done this method for over 10 years with various lipos (RC planes, RC cars, etc) and have never had a problem. I've even goofed up years ago and accidentally stored a fully charged lipo for three years which swelled up so much it split the plastic case... Sure the battery was useless, but no fire...

being on the east coast and winter slowly closing in what should I be doing the store my spark and batteries for the winter months?

Reactions: Miomayo
Can't think what the point of that would be ???
I suppose it's their way of determining when a battery is being used. It would be more user friendly if the battery continued to discharge until it was powered on (or connected to a charger).

Winter can be opportunity of nice pictures but low temperature can affect the Spark and especially its batteries. So keep batteries warm inside your jacket and expect shorter flight time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme