Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Yesterday & Today my Spark won't broadcast it's SSID

Skyler King

Join
Jun 17, 2017
I have been having video feed issues, HUGE latency, with just an iPhone 7 Plus and also the Controller with an iPhone 7 Plus. It connects to Controller fine but has HUGE unusable video latency. Also, when I try to connect Spark to my iPhone 7 Plus alone or even my Moto Droid Z, the SSID isn't even visible.

I have been having video feed issues, HUGE latency, with just an iPhone 7 Plus and also the Controller with an iPhone 7 Plus. It connects to Controller fine but has HUGE unusable video latency. Also, when I try to connect Spark to my iPhone 7 Plus alone or even my Moto Droid Z, the SSID isn't even visible.
Join the club...try connecting the phone to the RC via OTG cable

otg-cable-jpg.151

otg-cable-jpg.151

Club OTG – How exclusive is your club? Will have to give this a try. ;)

otg-cable-jpg.151
OK. here's the word after I spoke to DJI. By the way, I got to a Spark Support Tech very quickly with hardly any time on hold.

I have yet to try the cable but I will. BUT, DJI said it's a s/w issue with iPhone iOS. They said not a problem with Android. Any Android users out there having the issue? HUGE latency, unusable. 1st they had me try switching from 5.8 to 2.4, it was LESS of a problem on 2.4 but still unusable and it switch automatically back to 5.8 as you can not MANUALLY set a frequency. Then he had me format the SD card, I couldn't figure out why but I did it anywhere and no difference. I am talking about video FEED latency.

Finally he said it would be fixed in next firmware update.

OK. here's the word after I spoke to DJI. By the way, I got to a Spark Support Tech very quickly with hardly any time on hold.

I have yet to try the cable but I will. BUT, DJI said it's a s/w issue with iPhone iOS. They said not a problem with Android. Any Android users out there having the issue? HUGE latency, unusable. 1st they had me try switching from 5.8 to 2.4, it was LESS of a problem on 2.4 but still unusable and it switch automatically back to 5.8 as you can not MANUALLY set a frequency. Then he had me format the SD card, I couldn't figure out why but I did it anywhere and no difference. I am talking about video FEED latency.

Finally he said it would be fixed in next firmware update.
Nice to hear that a firmware fix will resolve the issue. Though typically DJI deigns their entire architecture around IOS, mainly because there is only 2 devices that it resides on (iPad & iPhone). So I'm sure that they MUST have encountered these issues in testing, hell video is a primary function of this device.

Reactions: Sterling Collins
An update: According to DJI, once you use the Spark with a CONTROLLER it won't work with your iPhone/Smart Device unless you press and HOLD the Power of the Spark, once it's turned on, until you hear BEEP BEEP, (2 beeps). Then it will again Broadcast its SSID.

Reactions: Hansd
An update: According to DJI, once you use the Spark with a CONTROLLER it won't work with your iPhone/Smart Device unless you press and HOLD the Power of the Spark, once it's turned on, until you hear BEEP BEEP, (2 beeps). Then it will again Broadcast its SSID.
This is correct according to my experience.

BTW, I am on Android (using a spare Galaxy Note 5 without data plan) using an OTG cable. The only time I've connected to the RC wifi is to do the firmware update on the AC since I wasn't able to get it to load via OTG. Otherwise, all my flights have been wired. No issues with video feed, and no issues with RC to AC performance.

I'll try the cable connect to my smart phone and let you-all know if it solved the video feed issue. I was hoping to get away with cables.

Yes, this linking/unlinking process is explained on page 38 of the manual and Drone Valley had a video about it on his YouTube channel.

This is correct according to my experience.

BTW, I am on Android (using a spare Galaxy Note 5 without data plan) using an OTG cable. The only time I've connected to the RC wifi is to do the firmware update on the AC since I wasn't able to get it to load via OTG. Otherwise, all my flights have been wired. No issues with video feed, and no issues with RC to AC performance.
Thanks. I will try and connect wit a cable. I hope DJI fixes this quickly. Please post your Spark Videos and Images at Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

Glad I canceled my Spark Monday! Happy w my Mavic Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme