Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

16:9 photo mode?

Jive

Join
Aug 3, 2017
Ok, forgive me as I am pretty sure this has been discussed before....I just cannot find a good answer. Is there no way to switch photo mode from 4:3 to 16:9? Perhaps I am missing something, but I find no option in the app anywhere!

I hope DJI spark will soon have 16:9 and raw option. Till then , i just crop photo in photoshop for better format.

16/9 mode would do exactly the same, just crop in the camera and give you smaller output. Precisely why 4:3 is preferrable as it gives you most data to work with and flexibility to do the crop more precisely.

Exactly. why to ask for less pixels ?

16/9 mode would do exactly the same, just crop in the camera and give you smaller output. Precisely why 4:3 is preferrable as it gives you most data to work with and flexibility to do the crop more precisely.

Bingo!

Had a person over on the DJI form insist that 16:9 was better because it filled the entire phone screen. So it was better. Tried to explain that a crop would mean less pixels, to which they replied "but it fills the screen so it is more".

Had a person over on the DJI form insist that 16:9 was better because it filled the entire phone screen. So it was better. Tried to explain that a crop would mean less pixels, to which they replied "but it fills the screen so it is more".
Think he might be referring to stretching the image. If your flick from video to photo mode you clearly see the cropping on the Spark camera. Stretching a 4k photo just distorts the objects.

Sent from my SM-G955F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis