Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

5.8gh to 2.8gh

smith

Join
Sep 27, 2017
Hi folks,
Im trying to switch from 5.8 to 2.4 frequency thru wifi, i have applied the settings but keeps switching back to 5.8 any idea why?
I found 2.4gh is alot stronger then 5.8gh

Hi folks,
Im trying to switch from 5.8 to 2.4 frequency thru wifi, i have applied the settings but keeps switching back to 5.8 any idea why?
You do not say where in the world you are operating (CE or FCC region) Nor do not say what platform you are running (iOS or Android) but my guess would be Android and Europe somewhere.
This is an issue with your phone (5.8ghz DMS channels) which you will not be able to override.
This has been covered before on the forum.
Your easy option would be connect, swap to 2.4ghz and then disable wi-fi and plug in OTG.

You do not say where in the world you are operating (CE or FCC region) Nor do not say what platform you are running (iOS or Android) but my guess would be Android and Europe somewhere.
This is an issue with your phone (5.8ghz DMS channels) which you will not be able to override.
This has been covered before on the forum.
Your easy option would be connect, swap to 2.4ghz and then disable wi-fi and plug in OTG.
Sorry..yes im using android and live in london.
Wanted to try as some suggest that wifi is just as good as otg.

Hi folks,
In Europe, 5.8G for the channels used by the Spark are not polluted by wifi hotspots and Bluetooth as it is for the 2.4G band. At power up the Spark check first the 2.4G band and use it if it is quite. Else it use the 5.8G band.
The user selection is always overwritten by Spark at power up.

Reactions: smith
I'm in Australia using an Android phone and my spark defaults to 5.8, I can change from 5.8 to 2.4 only when I'm not using the OTG cable, after I've changed over I can plug the OTG cable in and it will stay in the band and frequency I've selected..

I'm in Australia using an Android phone and my spark defaults to 5.8, I can change from 5.8 to 2.4 only when I'm not using the OTG cable, after I've changed over I can plug the OTG cable in and it will stay in the band and frequency I've selected..
That's normal behavior. When we say "Europe", it is in fact what DJI indicates as "CE" mode. Countries usually follows rules for radio communications according to European or American style. The same like metric or imperial, PAL or NTSC, ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeca Couto