Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Abandoned Castle in the middle of 'Magical' Woods All filmed by Spark

JonaThanksAlot!

Join
Mar 24, 2018
Hello there! :)

I filmed this the other day when I went to visit my parents. Found just in North Wales, UK, this is one of my favourite local places to visit! I recently started a YouTube channel with similar videos of beautiful (and interesting) places worth visiting. The hard part of all this is getting subscribers:( If anyone out there would be so kind enough as to subscribe, just search for JonaThanksAlot! on YouTube, and I will be eternally grateful! Genuinely! :) :) I hope enjoy the video!

Thank you,

Jonathan

Even your title sounds enticing. Lol being a hopeless romantic, I can’t help but watch. Doing it now.

Jonathon, totally mesmerizing! You definitely have a knack for a “flying camera.” Very well done.
Super nice memories captured for posterity. The dog playing was definitely an eye catcher. And the castle ruins, one can only wonder the good things and the bad that went on in there.
Thx for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonaThanksAlot!
Even your title sounds enticing. Lol being a hopeless romantic, I can’t help but watch. Doing it now.

Jonathon, totally mesmerizing! You definitely have a knack for a “flying camera.” Very well done.
Super nice memories captured for posterity. The dog playing was definitely an eye catcher. And the castle ruins, one can only wonder the good things and the bad that went on in there.
Thx for sharing.
Thank you very much! :)

Excellent content.
However, it might just be me (nuclear cardio test this morning) but to me the video seems too busy/ fast when the foreground is close.
It seems better at 2:15 but gets busy again at 3:15 until 4:00.
Makes me a little dizzy.
Like looking straight out a side car window traveling at 100km/h
What video editor are you using?
I noted a little jumpy during camera travel as well.

Excellent content.
However, it might just be me (nuclear cardio test this morning) but to me the video seems too busy/ fast when the foreground is close.
It seems better at 2:15 but gets busy again at 3:15 until 4:00.
Makes me a little dizzy.
Like looking straight out a side car window traveling at 100km/h
What video editor are you using?
I noted a little jumpy during camera travel as well.
Yes, I definitely know what you mean. Every time I make a video I notice something to correct, it's a 'working progress' for me. I started about a month ago and haven't moved off Windows Movie Maker :O Nor have I yet to change a single camera/lens filter or setting. I really do have a lot to learn:/

*Just thought, if you are using Windows Movie Maker you are still on Windows 7 ?
Your processing power might be causing the jumping
You might have just solved my problem, I didn't think about the OS. And I'm doing it on a netbook:/ If I transferred the video files to a decent PC and then uploaded it from there, do you think that would work? Or are the faults 'ingrained' on the file now? Hmm I wonder:/ Cheers for that! :)

Reactions: pmshop
You might have just solved my problem, I didn't think about the OS. And I'm doing it on a netbook:/ If I transferred the video files to a decent PC and then uploaded it from there, do you think that would work? Or are the faults 'ingrained' on the file now? Hmm I wonder:/ Cheers for that! :)

Yes, the jumpy faults are ingrained on the final product.
But if you still have the originals you can work with that.

Yes, the jumpy faults are ingrained on the final product.
But if you still have the originals you can work with that.
Didn't know processing power could influence the video itself, thought that it would just mean that the exporting takes longer

Btw, I am editing with a free program called Shortcut. It can do quite a lot.

Haven't seen any jumpyness in my videos (
DroneChannel Tim )

I did run into an issue once where the resolution wasn't correctly set for the export, caused the video on YouTube to run for a few second and than the image would freeze (audio kept playing). But seemed like it only affected some viewers, not all. Perhaps depending on the playback device

Didn't know processing power could influence the video itself, thought that it would just mean that the exporting takes longer
that's what i thought! But I can't deny the jumpiness in some of of shots. Although it's not in all my videos?:/ Could it be my wifi connection strength pos? It was being very slow last night for some reason when I uploaded it. Took a second try to get it on YouTube:/ Hmmm

It is like a dual effect.
processing power affects speed but get something like that netbook with an Atom, it will take "short cuts" to process.
I get jumping on my old 2nd gen i7 laptop but smooth as silk on 8th gen i7.
Still, overall flight speed and quick panning can produce the same.

Oh, and I had a follow-up today and asked - yes, the nuclear stuff can keep me nauseated for up to 3 days.
So it's me :D

It is like a dual effect.
processing power affects speed but get something like that netbook with an Atom, it will take "short cuts" to process.
I get jumping on my old 2nd gen i7 laptop but smooth as silk on 8th gen i7.
Still, overall flight speed and quick panning can produce the same.

Oh, and I had a follow-up today and asked - yes, the nuclear stuff can keep me nauseated for up to 3 days.
So it's me :D
Thank you! I shall take this all on board! I hope you are well too my friend!

Quick question to anyone: Would a slow shutter speed on a bright sunny day make the image jumpy? Thanks in advance:) :)

No, wouldn't think so. You're more likely to get a blurry image than a shaky/jumpy one.

That's what the 180 degree shutter rule is about
High shutter speed gets you sort of a stop motion video effect (jumpy) while low shutter speed causes motion blur.
The 180 degree rule is like a middle ground where it looks the most natural to the human eye.

It's basically: shutter speed = 2*frame rate.
For the Spark that would always mean 60 (since it has a fixed frame rate of 30).

I pretty much always start at 60 as shutter speed.
Set my ISO to 100 (lowest)
And use an ND filter if the image is still to bright.
If I can't get it right where I want it with this I either boost the ISO to 200 (if it's to dark) or adjust the shutter speed 1 or max 2 steps higher/lower.

DroneChannel Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme