Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Active Track my Kawasaki Motorcycle

Only in Active Track (with a gps equipped device)... it will store your new position every 15m/45ft.
Your last recorded position will be your HP if it drops out of Active track or lose signal.

Thumbs up for the "I didn't know this fact". Thanks a lot.

Reactions: MickDoesStuff
Nicely done!

I’ve tracked my snowmobile with both my Spark and Phantom 3 Standard on the lake ice. Most of the time I use AutoPilot instead of DJI GO4 as I find it much more reliable. It tracks the device, not the person so it can follow you even when you go behind objects like trees as long as the signal to the controller isn’t broken. It also has dynamic home point. Unfortunately it has not been updated in a while but still works.

Chris

Nicely done!

I’ve tracked my snowmobile with both my Spark and Phantom 3 Standard on the lake ice. Most of the time I use AutoPilot instead of DJI GO4 as I find it much more reliable. It tracks the device, not the person so it can follow you even when you go behind objects like trees as long as the signal to the controller isn’t broken. It also has dynamic home point. Unfortunately it has not been updated in a while but still works.

Chris

Thanks for the tip mate. Will check it out.

Nicely done!

Chris

Are you talking about the "Follow me" feature?
I am not familiar with AutoPilot but I think it is available on Litchi and Go4 Mod 2.0 as well.

Are you talking about the "Follow me" feature?
I am not familiar with AutoPilot but I think it is available on Litchi and Go4 Mod 2.0 as well.
AutoPilot calls it ‘Follow’. I have also tried Litchi as well but it often looses track. It also tracks the object (usually the person), not the device.

AutoPilot is way more advanced and is iOS only.
Here’s some screen shots:
4C0734E2-52AB-40A6-B0BE-A95206393C45.png
8FEADA2E-FF15-4C64-9C4A-F06E0522A6A3.png

Chris

Hey that was quite a ride! Thanks for sharing and for also showing the times it didn't work as that's interesting to watch as well. You mentioned about assuming it would use the sensor to miss the power-lines. I wouldn't depend on that as DJI states the 3D sensing system "detects diffuse reflective surfaces (>20%) larger than 20x20 cm (walls, trees, people, etc.)". Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Hey that was quite a ride! Thanks for sharing and for also showing the times it didn't work as that's interesting to watch as well. You mentioned about assuming it would use the sensor to miss the power-lines. I wouldn't depend on that as DJI states the 3D sensing system "detects diffuse reflective surfaces (>20%) larger than 20x20 cm (walls, trees, people, etc.)". Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks mate, yeah figured I'd show how it actually was to get it going for my first time. Wasn't sure about the OA so I stopped to lower the drone just in case but still ended up being quite close to some further down the road!

Thanks mate, yeah figured I'd show how it actually was to get it going for my first time. Wasn't sure about the OA so I stopped to lower the drone just in case but still ended up being quite close to some further down the road!

OA on the Spark is only useful when you are flying in P-mode or tripod mode. It doesn't work when the drone is moving at speed above 10km/hr. So it is always better to stay clear of obstacles and fly. The next thing you should try is the Profile Mode on active track. It let's you track yourself not just from behind but from the front or sideways as well. I am sure you have seen such videos already but I will make a shameless plugin of one of my videos anyway. :p

OA on the Spark is only useful when you are flying in P-mode or tripod mode. It doesn't work when the drone is moving at speed above 10km/hr. So it is always better to stay clear of obstacles and fly. The next thing you should try is the Profile Mode on active track. It let's you track yourself not just from behind but from the front or sideways as well. I am sure you have seen such videos already but I will make a shameless plugin of one of my videos anyway. :p

Awesome yeah will give it a shot, nice footage. Really wanna take it and get some nice footage riding the bike along the Great Ocean Road.

Reactions: RotorWash
Nice Video. Have you tried the Autopilot app? The tracking function in Autopilot locks on to the GPS in your phone, so it can hold you In frame even if you pass u dee trees or move faster than the drone. I tracked my car at 60km/h, the car was pulling away from the spark but it still held it in the middle of the frame.

Nice Video. Have you tried the Autopilot app? The tracking function in Autopilot locks on to the GPS in your phone, so it can hold you In frame even if you pass u dee trees or move faster than the drone. I tracked my car at 60km/h, the car was pulling away from the spark but it still held it in the middle of the frame.

Do you have a link for the Autopilot app? Looked in Google Play and didn't see it. Or who makes it?

Never used the active track before and decided to give it a crack today while riding my Kawasaki motorcycle. A few close calls with power-lines but seems to work quite well at a reasonable speed and it was quite windy today about 32km/h winds. I'm assuming it would use the sensor to miss the power-lines. The drone did take off and try to fly home when the battery hit about 45% :)

Brave man!!!! You got really close to those powerlines!

Have you tried to have the spark track you from the front, ie have it fly backwards? I would like to have it track me and film me while I do downhill skiing... But not as a tiny dot from the sky, I would love if it filmed my body/face filling the picture or at least being 50% in it. I see that everybody tracks from the back.

Any idea?

Thank you for sharing!

Cool vid. You know you're driving on the wrong side of the road, right?(US flyer). I've wondered myself about the auto update home point, where I've seen vids of people using it on boats. Too scary for me. Thanks for the post!

Nah I've only used the DJI app so far. I'm on Android so doesn't look like it's available for me.

Brave man!!!! You got really close to those powerlines!

Have you tried to have the spark track you from the front, ie have it fly backwards? I would like to have it track me and film me while I do downhill skiing... But not as a tiny dot from the sky, I would love if it filmed my body/face filling the picture or at least being 50% in it. I see that everybody tracks from the back.

Any idea?

Thank you for sharing!

Yeah that will be the next thing I try tracking from the side and front via the other active track modes mentioned above. Not sure how it would go being that close, something to test out in a safer environment first I think :)

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex