Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Airplane Mode

skipper20

Join
Dec 28, 2018
When your RC is connected by an OTG cable to a mobile device such as an iPhone, is it best to turn on the phone's Airplane Mode? If so, why? Same question if it's a tablet such as an iPad. In short, could there be an interference problem when Airplane Mode is not turned on?

No interference to be speak of, other than a phone call or text message during the flight.

Airplane mode will prevent that from happening.

For the sake of clarification, if airplane mode is on, will the DJIGo4 app show a map and where your drone is on that map?

No, think if it this way, that mode turns off all radio activity, so Cellular, wifi, blutooth. The phone essentially becomes a video monitor only. You could still have cell data on without the wifi and Btooth, then you'd get the mapping, but you might also get a phone call or text, which would be disruptive. I prefer that any callers get my voicemail and I check it later. Same with the text. The safety of my aircraft is more important than someone pinging me!

, that mode turns off all radio activity, so Cellular, wifi, blutooth.

WiFi is still active during Airplane mode.

Some airlines have WiFi on the planes for the passengers to use.
Airplane mode turns off the data and cellular stream but keeps WiFi open for the passengers.

Bluetooth is probably still active too during Airplane mode.

WiFi is still active during Airplane mode.

Some airlines have WiFi on the planes for the passengers to use.
Airplane mode turns off the data and cellular stream but keeps WiFi open for the passengers.

Bluetooth is probably still active too during Airplane mode.

I just enabled Airplane Mode on my iPad (OG Air), Note 8, Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus, and Vizio tablet. Bluetooth and wi-fi turned off on all 4, along with cellular on the Note 8 and Lenovo Tab 4.

You can turn wi-fi and Bluetooth back on while in airplane mode and the indicator will still show that airplane mode is on ... the cellular radio will remain off until airplane mode is disabled.

Yep, it shuts it off but you can turn them back on during airplane mode.

I'm typing this message from my Samsung Galaxy s7 during Airplane mode now and sending it via home WiFi.

February 23, 2019 103320 AM EST.jpg

Reactions: Dodge DeBoulet
LOL, I had updated my post to say the same thing but I think you posted your update at the same time :D

Reactions: Spark 317
always wondered if i had a split screen if one could i talk and fly but haven,t found any reason to try it YET!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67