Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Am I the oldest drone buyer

It's great to see that everyone of all ages can enjoy such an amazing toy, young or old it's something for all generations to connect on and enjoy. Happy flights all

I am 57 and due to an industrial accident I can no longer ride my motorcycle so I am trying this for a hobby. I am 2 weeks in and having fun and learning (and spending).

Reactions: real0803
I’ve been flying rc planes,cars, helli’s, drones and boats. I’m 79 and started flying planes in the 70s. My first radio was a three channel Kraft, and I still have it with a hobby hawk sail plane. I just remembered that my very first radio was a galliping ghost.

Reactions: Miket
I’ve been flying rc planes,cars, helli’s, drones and boats. I’m 79 and started flying planes in the 70s. My first radio was a three channel Kraft, and I still have it with a hobby hawk sail plane. I just remembered that my very first radio was a galliping ghost.
I'm 69 and was a very keen photographer for years, but had to give up because of a serious back problem affected my mobility. I started on Rc cars for a while then bought my first drone. When I realised the photographic posibilities with DJI I bought a phantom, but then the agility and flexibility of the spark hooked me and it is my passion. For as long as is possible.

69 next month so I guess I'm mid-pack. I got into drones a few years ago and have a couple dozen now. Half of which I built. Great hobby! I decided drone photography looked interesting so I got a Spark. What a great little drone! I just throw it in my sidecar and go search for scenery! I'm gonna keep this little guy for a long time. Just added a Mavic Pro to the stable. No flights yet. Having way too much fun with the Spark:cool:. Taking it with me to Arizona and New Mexico in a couple weeks.
Boomers rock!!

I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.
Count me in, 5-22-1947 71!!!!! However we all have same heart/same kid!

Last edited:
I guess I am a kid at heart and couldn’t resist buying the spark to add to my toy list.
It’s been to cold to fly except a brief moment but it has also has given me time to learn.
I am 70.

LOL ----- I"m 86, you are just a kid

52 and to me it’s an awesome hobby. I consider my drones a flying camera for landscapes and a way to experience the geography in a unique way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme