Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bad connection

BrilhasMuito

Join
Jan 29, 2018
Loc
Brazil
RC disconnects every single flight sometimes even when the AC is pretty close to it. And when the RC works as it should the image transmission fails (huge lags or freezing) forcing me to RTH.
I bought an IOS (iPhone 7 plus) which didn’t improve anything. Then I connected it with the OTG cable and had a very little improvement.
It’s just not a comfortable flight at all.
I wouldn’t say I was never able to have good flights with it, but most of the time the RC or the image transmission or even both combined let me down.
Any suggestions? I’m kinda disappointed with the spark.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device (and then enable Wi-Fi if you're not using an OTG cable)
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Spark and remote controller
  • Try flying in a location where you know there are no other nearby Wi-Fi signals (e.g. don't fly in a house neighborhood)

Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
  • Enable airplane mode on your mobile device (and then enable Wi-Fi if you're not using an OTG cable)
  • Make sure you don't have any other Wi-Fi/cellular devices near the remote controller
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Make sure there are no obstacles between the Spark and remote controller
  • Try flying in a location where you know there are no other nearby Wi-Fi signals (e.g. don't fly in a house neighborhood)
Thanks m8! But I always follow exactly these steps. I live close to a dam where I fly it. No wi-fi interferences at all.

Thoughts....
Make sure Bluetooth is off and no other (like iWatch) around.
Isn’t a Dam made of rebar (metal rods) under all that concrete. Does the Dam have hydro power units inside of it. I would think a Dam would have several interference possibilities.

Thoughts....
Make sure Bluetooth is off and no other (like iWatch) around.
Isn’t a Dam made of rebar (metal rods) under all that concrete. Does the Dam have hydro power units inside of it. I would think a Dam would have several interference possibilities.
The wall barrier of a dam has a lot of interferences, I agree. But both the RC and the AC are kilometers away from the wall. I take it off from a club with lots of nature, no rebar and no hydro power units close by.
I ordered a signal booster to see if it helps.
Thanks for the thoughts m8!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast