Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Brigh day black screen on my phone

sky chameleon

Join
Mar 26, 2018
Ok so when I'm flying my drone on a bright sunny day, and I have my drone in the sky and not facing the sun I can't see what's on my phone screen because it goes dark, how can I change this issue??????any suggestions or tip I totally appreciate it

My guess is that it is a camera setting, check if its in auto or manual. Switch to auto to see if that fixes the problem.

Ok so when I'm flying my drone on a bright sunny day, and I have my drone in the sky and not facing the sun I can't see what's on my phone screen because it goes dark, how can I change this issue??????any suggestions or tip I totally appreciate it
Make sure you don't have auto screen brightness set on your phone because as soon as the phone sees bright light it will turn down screen brightness

Reactions: burrzoo
The camera is in auto exposure mode, so a bright sky will cause the exposure to reduce and give you a dark screen. As @Koala Tails says, switch to manual exposure and adjust it in-flight to suit. I tend to angle the camera down a bit to offset some of the sky to reduce that problem but it's not always convenient.

Sometimes happens if you are wearing polarized sunglasses. Turn your phone one way and the screen looks fine, rotate it 90 degrees and it looks black.

David

Just another thing you can do, and that is to adjust the gimbal in the settings to permanently lower it a bit from the horizontal, so that the camera does not see as much sky. I do this anyway as I don't use FPV that often as I like to keep the a/c in view so can avoid danger without continually looking at the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy