Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can not connect to RC with OTG cable!

Freakyfreak

Join
Jul 4, 2017
Hi guy's,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, yeah I know a bit old, but it does the job :) I have a problem connecting my phone to the RC via the OTG cable. I can connect a mouse, keyboard, USB pen etc but not the RC. I have tried everything and followed videos etc and nothing! Can someone help me with this issue, has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Freakyfreak

It connects through WiFi but not OTG. I can connect other peripherals to the S4(mouse, keyboard, USB pen) and they work fine, just cant get the RC to connect and don't know why. It just charges the phone sucking battery from the RC. I had an update for the RC don't know if DJI is somehow disabling this "hidden" feature. My next step is to try it on another phone.

I just received my combo spark yesterday and cant wait to get it up in the air! But with OTG working! Thanks for the help Florida Drone!

I just received my combo spark yesterday and cant wait to get it up in the air! But with OTG working! Thanks for the help Florida Drone!

Just curious as to why you want it hard wired?

Well everyone seems to be saying that there is lag with the wifi nad connectivity problems and hardwired works better. I want to try this method too.

I also bought the OTG cable ,

If i run the phone in full airplane mode (with wifi on) , seems to be working pretty good, yes if i leave data etc on and gets texts whilst flying it craps out :(

with the cable...... havnt used it yet.... but though I saw a video where you had to reset the RC connectivty method ? like holding downs buttons etc.... maybe look into that

Not sure if there is something with my S4, I just got it to work once... I tried it on an iPad and it worked the 3 times I tried it. Wanna try it on another Android phone to make sure the problem is with my phone...

Not sure if there is something with my S4, I just got it to work once... I tried it on an iPad and it worked the 3 times I tried it. Wanna try it on another Android phone to make sure the problem is with my phone...

That sounds like a good troubleshooting plan.

This doesn't make any sense to me but I can get it connected by doing the following:

1. Before connecting anything, power on the RC.
2. Attach the OTG to the cable you will use to connect the RC and Phone.
3. Attach the cable to the phone.
4. Turn on the phone.
5. Finally, connect the OTG end of the cable to the RC.

For some reason, if I connect the RC first then connect the cable to phone, it wont work 9 times out of 10.

I can't make any sense out of why it would make a difference but in my case it does.

I'm using an old Galaxy S6 and the OTG adapter that came with my new S7 and a short USB cable I had hanging around.

This doesn't make any sense to me but I can get it connected by doing the following:

1. Before connecting anything, power on the RC.
2. Attach the OTG to the cable you will use to connect the RC and Phone.
3. Attach the cable to the phone.
4. Turn on the phone.
5. Finally, connect the OTG end of the cable to the RC.

For some reason, if I connect the RC first then connect the cable to phone, it wont work 9 times out of 10.

I can't make any sense out of why it would make a difference but in my case it does.

I'm using an old Galaxy S6 and the OTG adapter that came with my new S7 and a short USB cable I had hanging around.

Thanks geolev,
Tried your method... Doesn't seem to work. I could only get it to work about 2-3 out of 10 tries. Don't really know what the freaking problem is! Really pisses me off! Need to try it on a different Android phone.

I just tried using an OTG cable on my iPhone 7 Plus. The sequence in which you do it seems to be important. This is what works every time for me.
First I turned off wifi on my phone and entered Airplane Mode

OGT Cable Set up on Spark Remote

1) switch on remote (nothing plugged in)

2) switch on spark

3) Wait for green light on controller

4) switch on ipad/iphone

5)open up DJI Go4 App you will see a grey screen.

6) plug in lightning cable to ipad/iphone

7) plug in usb end of lightning into the otg cable

8) plug otg cable into remote

9) pad/controller will sound to make connection

10) On your iphone you'll get the "This accessory may not be etc, etc" HIT dismiss to ignore message

11) Camera view pops up.

I am very new to all of this but this sequence works for me. Hope this may help others.

Reactions: PIxelPete411
I just tried using an OTG cable on my iPhone 7 Plus. The sequence in which you do it seems to be important. This is what works every time for me.

2) switch on spark

4) switch on ipad/iphone

10) On your iphone you'll get the "This accessory may not be etc, etc" HIT dismiss to ignore message

11) Camera view pops up.

I am very new to all of this but this sequence works for me. Hope this may help others.

Hi just wondering is this still working for you? Have the same set up as you. Not sure if latest DJI update disabled using an OTG Cable with wifi turned off. Mine won’t connect.

Got my Spark yesterday. Flies great no problems except can not get OTG to engage. Read the new firmware update killed the OTG option. Have no idea what to do........WiFi is good but OTG might bebetter.

I have been using otg with my old Samsung Note 3 with no problems for a couple of weeks until yesterday. Yesterday, after updating to DJI GO 4.1.5, the live feed became super laggy. Funny thing is, it automatically becomes smooth again when I start recording video, then becomes laggy again once I stop. Tried wifi, overall not as laggy but still not as smooth as otg should be... Tried with a few phones including new ones but still the same... Anyone knows how to refresh the RC firmware or factory reset it?

Hi just wondering is this still working for you? Have the same set up as you. Not sure if latest DJI update disabled using an OTG Cable with wifi turned off. Mine won’t connect.
I have been out of town and have not tried my OTG since the firmware update. I will try it tomorrow and let you know. I've read on this forum that it still works and a few have said it doesn't but that could be operator error. I found you must follow the correct sequence to ensure it sets up properly

2) switch on spark

4) switch on ipad/iphone

11) Camera view pops up.

I tried this and it worked............. Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme