Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cannot record while flying

inZaggii

Join
Sep 30, 2017
Hello guys,

I got DJI Spark for a few days. I lost my memory card and since I use a new one (Sandisk MicroSDHC), I can’t record videos while flying. I can turn on recording in DJI GO App, but only when Spark is in my hand. As soon as it starts, I can only take pictures and the „switch to record” button turns gray and becomes unpressable.

What is possibly wrong? I couldn’t find solution in the internet. All the results showed how to turn on record with gesture mode.

Question is not which model, but where you got it. Sandisk cards being so popular there are counterfeits around.

Question is not which model, but where you got it. Sandisk cards being so popular there are counterfeits around.
I ordered it from Amazon. It had almost 27,000 5 star reviews. Tomorrow, my other one should arrive from BestBuy so if it doesn't work, I'll send an email to DJI. Do you think maybe it's a software issue with the app? Or maybe I have a setting turned off?

I have heard that Amazon is full of counterfeit sd cards. Even ones with high reviews

I had the same issue yesterday. Formatting the card in the Go app seems to have resolved it. I also rest everything, including my iPhone. Worked fine after that.

Can only recommend you to visit this site regarding fake card and tool to check them.
http://www.happybison.com/reviews/how-to-check-and-spot-fake-micro-sd-card-8/
As fake card are usually labeled for a size and performance they don't have, testing them are the best way to detect them, they report b.e. 32G size but in fact is only 8GB in it so you can imagine what happens when you start to fill it. Before testing be sure there are no files you want to keep as such test need to write/read the full card. Also these tools are useful to detect defective cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex