Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Carrying drones on planes

marzdrone

Join
Dec 27, 2017
Anybody got any advice/stories of traveling with their drone? I plan on going on vacations with mine. I'd just like to hear some tips, successful airport stories, horror stories, etc.

I just travelled to Texas from nj and didn't have any issues. I had it in the case it came with in my backpack with a ton of other electronics and no issue at all.

Carry your drone and any spare batteries on the plane in your carry on luggage. Do not check any batteries (of any type) in your checked luggage. Make sure that the battery terminals are protected so that they will not contact anything else. If you are traveling to a different country, be sure to check the regulations in that country.

I've traveled with mine to several States (I'm in the USA) with no issues what so ever. I just leave it in my backpack, don't call attention to it. I make sure the batteries are discharged so that I've got one light on the battery. I also carry a copy of the specs for the Spark Battery which shows its below their rules just in case I'm asked about their rating. I also have my FAA info printed and at the ready along with my AMA card...

Again, never had to take anything out and show anyone....

Just did a r/t from Boston to LA. No issues. I bought a LIPO bag to put my spares in and taped the terminals to be safe. No one checked however, aside from the TSA screener saying "hey a drone, cool!". I thought i was in for a search but nope.

As beachcombing said. carry your drone on your carry on luggage and check the drone regulations for your destination. I've made international flights between mexico and argentina and everything is ok.

Reactions: Rizosplayz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme