Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cell Connection

Walter Hall

Join
Mar 22, 2018
Hello:

So I was wondering, I do need a cellphone connection to fly? I ask because you must sign into the DJI Go4 App to fly the spark correct? And finally by signing into the app the fly are you not connecting to the internet?

I am wondering because what if I go somewhere to fly and I have no cell service?

Regards,

Walt

I do need a cellphone connection to fly?
No, you do not need to be connected to a cellular network and/or the Internet to fly.

I ask because you must sign into the DJI Go4 App to fly the spark correct?
Correct. After signing in, DJI GO will remember you're signed in. You shouldn't be signed out unless you manually sign out or reinstall DJI GO.

Start up DJI GO before heading out to fly to verify you're signed in and you'll be good to go.

No, you do not need to be connected to a cellular network and/or the Internet to fly.

Correct. After signing in, DJI GO will remember you're signed in. You shouldn't be signed out unless you manually sign out or reinstall DJI GO.

Start up DJI GO before heading out to fly to verify you're signed in and you'll be good to go.
I had no idea.............thanks so much! This explains a lot!

No,you don't need to sign into Go before you head out. In fact you may use an old cell phone without cell service to fly with. If you don't have a cell connection you are only sacrificing maps and satellite images.

No,you don't need to sign into Go before you head out.
Well, it depends.

If you're running Spark firmware 1.00.03 (or older), you're absolutely right. However, if you're running a newer version of the Spark firmware, you'll definitely want to be signed into the DJI GO app. When not signed in, the Spark will be limited to an altitude of 30 meters and a distance of 50 meters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef