Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Chased a Mavic around with The Spark

shawnski451

Join
Dec 3, 2017
My good friend got his first DJI product this week. We decided to take the Mavic out to the wide open area behind our old High School... Just to get his feet wet. I took it as an opportunity to try some drone to drone in-flight recording. It's definitely tricky but fun as hell. Let me know what y'all think.

(Crank the quality up to 1080p)

My good friend got his first DJI product this week. We decided to take the Mavic out to the wide open area behind our old High School... Just to get his feet wet. I took it as an opportunity to try some drone to drone in-flight recording. It's definitely tricky but fun as hell. Let me know what y'all think.

(Crank the quality up to 1080p)

Awesome!!! Almost makes me want to track my Phantom 3 with my Spark while I track that with my Mavic Pro

I wonder if you could have used the Spark's Active Track mode to follow the Mavic. That was fun to watch though and you guys looked like a couple of teenagers texting on their phones a couple of times there. :D

Reactions: shawnski451
I wonder if you could have used the Spark's Active Track mode to follow the Mavic. That was fun to watch though and you guys looked like a couple of teenagers texting on their phones a couple of times there. :D
Lol... Mike has been one of my best friends since I was a little kid (39years).

I thought about using the active track but it was cold and kind of an after though. We'll be flying again soon and I'll give it a shot.

I look forward to hearing about and maybe seeing your results. I know you two were having fun and you did get some great shots.

Hey, what do you think of the Tello? Is it worth getting one?
Actually I really like mine, as long as I use it for its intended purpose. The camera is pretty good, it is a solid feeling model, has a definite “DJI feel “ to it.... BUT you need to know what conditions it needs to make it more fun. PLENTY of light, NO wind, and spring for the controller. I think it is worth it for the fun! I live in Washington state and the Tello makes it possible to fly no matter what the weather is doing outside. I am on my second now with no regrets...

Actually I really like mine, as long as I use it for its intended purpose. The camera is pretty good, it is a solid feeling model, has a definite “DJI feel “ to it.... BUT you need to know what conditions it needs to make it more fun. PLENTY of light, NO wind, and spring for the controller. I think it is worth it for the fun! I live in Washington state and the Tello makes it possible to fly no matter what the weather is doing outside. I am on my second now with no regrets...
Same here and totally agree on the controller. Takes it from a cheap feeling toy to a capable machine. Very good for noobs to learn as it is so light it's almost impossible to break. I've had the most fun with the programming interface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis