Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass calibration procedure does not agree in Go4 app and manual !!

Pashasdad

Join
Jul 1, 2017
Take a look at the image captures attached. In the latest DJI Spark manual, it says that step 2 of compass cal is to point the aircraft nose down as in the Phantom calibration.

The DJI Go4 app shows the bird on its side and tells you to turn it. Is this new for the Spark only?

What is the proper way? Are they equally valid? Why the discrepancy?

Here's are 2 links, (1) to the instructions from the latest manual and a (2) screen cap from DJI Go4.

Spark_DJIGo4_CC.JPG

Spark_manual_CC.JPG

Go 4.XX app is wrong. has been for a long time.
You always drop the nose down.

Mine doesn't work with nose down. Has to be horizontal, Spark on its side.
That's one way to lose your spark.
Trust me on this, it has always been nose down. Been doing it for 5yrs and not one flyaway or toilet bowl effect.

That's one way to lose your spark.
Trust me on this, it has always been nose down. Been doing it for 5yrs and not one flyaway or toilet bowl effect.
You have a Spark since 5 years ? ;)

Reactions: Goose
My Spark is different,

My Spark is different,

Maybe just your spark... but historically its nose down.

Maybe just your spark... but historically its nose down.
Phantom has been down for both my P3 and P2V+, but I agree with OP, the DJI Spark documentation has a discrepancy, and the online videos on YouTube are different too. Very confusing, particularly with so many flyaways with the sudden wide arc to the left!

Its easy to find out, try it.
Try vertical, nose down and it rejects it.
Try horizontal, Spark on its side, and it accepts it and gives you GREEN.

I did a video of doing a compass calibration and you can see I successfully did it the same way as documented in the manual (nose down) and it was successful. I've done it that way successfully many times. I have not tried it on its side. I would venture to guess both of them very likely work just fine. I bet the calibration module just needs it in 2 different axes for it to work appropriately.

Reactions: Animal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme