Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Disconnected

Formerly450

Join
Aug 17, 2018
Spark disconnected from the controller today and stayed in a hover. I tried rebooting the controller and still could not re connect. Finally I grabbed the Spark shut it down.

I'm curious, if the Spark was unreachable, would it still return to home in this scenario? I have had a few problems with GPS not available on start up and had to reboot. Is this a different problem all together?

thanks

Reactions: Sparkster
I had the same problem last night. My Spark hovered for a good minute or more until after restarting DJI Go 4 app on my cell phone and reconnecting occurred. Then I landed. Will be flying again today to see if this happens again. I expected the Spark to RTH, but it just hovered in from of me until reconnect.

The spark can operate without a fon or remote. I think it will not do anything if it is within gesture mode range when it losses connection with fon or RC.. My phantom lands if it is within 20 meters of homepoint. Spark might be the same. I will test this assumptions. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: Sparkster
You can adjust the behavior for what the Spark does when it disconnects in the app settings. I believe the options are Hover, Land, and RTH.

Using DJI Go 4 4.3.0 It looks like the RTH Alt is either same altitude or an specified altitude in meters. I'm guessing that it would continue to hover until the battery hit the minimum point.

Using DJI Go 4 4.3.0 It looks like the RTH Alt is either same altitude or an specified altitude in meters. I'm guessing that it would continue to hover until the battery hit the minimum point.

I haven't used the new version but in the previous version you could go to another part of the app to control the disconnect behavior, might be in the Advanced settings at the bottom of the Drone tab. Hopefully they didn't get rid of that option because I want my Spark to RTH if/when it disconnects.

Tested my RTH today. My RTH is set to go homepoint. Lost signal at less than 20 meters lowers spark at current location at altitude of a foot off ground and hovers. Once remote regains connection, I have message on screen asking to land. This is the same result pressing RTH button on remote. This works out well for me because I fly inside the house. I want it to just land if a lost connection occurs. I rarely change my RTH settings. If I Do change it, it would be the RTH altitude. My RTH altitude is 50 meters and have been ok for most of my flights so far.

Spark disconnected from the controller today and stayed in a hover. I tried rebooting the controller and still could not re connect. Finally I grabbed the Spark shut it down.

I'm curious, if the Spark was unreachable, would it still return to home in this scenario? I have had a few problems with GPS not available on start up and had to reboot. Is this a different problem all together?

thanks

My RTH worked but nothing else
Here I am at full speed ahead and it stopped like a rock and did nothing

Full_Speed_Spark.PNG

My spark each time it disconnects from the controller (which rarely happens), it will initiate RH automatically.

It's possible (because it happened to me once) that the GPS didn't record the home point correctly and/or ATTI could have activated during flight and caused your spark to just hover rather than return home when it disconnected.

My RTH worked but nothing else
Here I am at full speed ahead and it stopped like a rock and did nothing

View attachment 6958
This is not a normal behavior. Check my post #8. That is what the normal behavior of the RTH. Make sure home point is saved before flying off from home point. Do a test where The spark is directly above home point and RTH. It should descend to a foot above the ground and hover.

Reactions: Derstahlhelm
Today!! Nov 16 2018
was taking some great video over Guam
It would some times disconnect but would always reconnect. I would just hit return to home, then cancel when it got within a range it liked, closer to me/controller.
I remember hearing it set the home point over the water (ocean) as it was blasting off.
I didn't think much of it as I would just cancel the return to home when it got closer like usual and land manually.
but it never reconnected so I climbed down the rocks to try to grab it before it landed in the salt water, ....
coulda shoulda.... left my new iphone 10X max and controller on the rocks, but no, I was just thinking get the drone.
failed attempt - Drone-phone-controller , all in the salt water.
why the heck is would this thing not reconnect when its right in front of me?
I'm thinking of buying a new one because I have all batts and stuff but, damm, is this normal? is there a fix?
I know I can just make (double check) sure the home point is set to a land area, but this is just not right.
My phone was not connected to any bluetooth device, but it was turned on.
what is the story with bluetooth?xxx.JPG

wasted money...
BTW
I figured out how to save/fix the video that did not complete/finalize before the power went offline. I'll gladly share that upon request.
Please respond with solutions.
Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy