Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Assistant 2 installs but nothing else.

Davenwolf

Join
Aug 28, 2018
Yes I went into trouble shoot mode and disabled driver signature endorsement.
I'm running windows 8.1 and got the download from the DJI SPark page.
All I get is this what you see in the photo. I have tried turning the drone on first, after and partial connection but nothing works.
I have reintalled it a few times, restarted my PC etc but still noting.
Any advise would be appreciated. It's version 1.2.4
No idea why it says how to connect Inspire when I got it from the Spark page.

thanks

Attachments

• DJI Assist.JPG
    DJI Assist.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 28
Yes I went into trouble shoot mode and disabled driver signature endorsement.
I'm running windows 8.1 and got the download from the DJI SPark page.
All I get is this what you see in the photo. I have tried turning the drone on first, after and partial connection but nothing works.
I have reintalled it a few times, restarted my PC etc but still noting.
Any advise would be appreciated. It's version 1.2.4
No idea why it says how to connect Inspire when I got it from the Spark page.

thanks
Yes, exactly same problem, have been through all combinations. But only get the inspire page. Son has tried it on a different computer and operating system but still does not work. Gave up trying a while ago.

Reactions: Davenwolf
This is not a common issue.
  • I installed DJI Assistant on Windows laptop (downloaded from DJI)
  • Start said prog
  • Power up Spark
  • Use white cable (came in the box, for charging RC), connect to port in Spark
  • Put cable in USB port (maybe windows install a driver, i dont remember)
  • A Spark icon will appear in Assistant page
This is how I do it.

I have exactly the same issue since Sept of last year when I bought it. Within last month back to DJI twice. First time they replaced the main board. Did not fix issue. Sent back again, will receive it Friday with another new main board. Will try again and report back on this thread. BTW, have tried wife’s computer and different cables and different USB ports.

Update........So this silly fool decided to use the USB cable that was provided with the Spark and BAM! it finished the install and is now working.. I'll just go hide under a rock for a bit.

Last edited:
Well done!
Time to....GO FLY :)
I didn't initially use the supplied cable because it looked so cheap. I was trying to use the same one I use when I successfully connect the OTG between my phone and controller.
Thanks for suggesting it :)

Just FYI, DJI Assistant 2 will always show "how to connect Inspire " because that link has special connection instructions not required by any other model.
Ok so what is the purpose of this mistifying software? What does it do and why should I used it?
I managed to get (see attached pic) some numbers and what I thought was a simulator. When I hold down my mouse button it moves around but not much. IMG_20180921_143317.jpg

You have found the simulator.
This software allows you to roll back the firmware easily (can be done with the app)
But if you have issues upgrading, this can help you retry the upgrade with a direct connection. Also downloads trouble shooting logs for you to send to DJI if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar