Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 360 Vs Hangar 360

sdharris

Join
May 29, 2017
Today was not a great day for 360s with relatively high winds, shifting cloud cover and although the British autumn makes for nearly an all day golden hour it means the sun is low in the sky which causes stitching errors.

However I thought I would try the same location with DJI GO and Hangar 360 to compare results.

Taken in the same spot, slightly lower than Hangars recommended altitude at 250ft.

Reactions: Justin
Very Cool !!! I'm keen to try out the sphere but it seems pointless unless you have a place to host the 360s like you have.o_O . I'll have a look at hosting options!

Very Cool !!! I'm keen to try out the sphere but it seems pointless unless you have a place to host the 360s like you have.o_O . I'll have a look at hosting options!

Provided you are happy for Skypixel or Hangar 360 to host they'll do it for free as I have above.

Alternatively Facebook and Flickr will host 360 images, although with Flickr you may have to trick it in to thinking its from a Ricoh Theta S.

Provided you are happy for Skypixel or Hangar 360 to host they'll do it for free as I have above.

Alternatively Facebook and Flickr will host 360 images, although with Flickr you may have to trick it in to thinking its from a Ricoh Theta S.

Ahhh COOL! I read somewhere you can't export the 360 from the DJI app. I'll have to have a play when it's less windy and see what it generates.

There does seem to be a lot of misinformation out there, i have to admit I did not appreciate quite what it could do before trying it last week.

Today was not a great day for 360s with relatively high winds, shifting cloud cover and although the British autumn makes for nearly an all day golden hour it means the sun is low in the sky which causes stitching errors.

However I thought I would try the same location with DJI GO and Hangar 360 to compare results.

Taken in the same spot, slightly lower than Hangars recommended altitude at 250ft.
Is it normal for Sky Pixel to have a much darker image? Was there any post processing in the Hangar 360 image as to me this is the clear winner!

Is it normal for Sky Pixel to have a much darker image? Was there any post processing in the Hangar 360 image as to me this is the clear winner!

In my experience the DJI GO/Sky Pixel image is always quite dark, Hangar uses a little bit of exposure compensation when looking down on capture and then levels the colours. Only downside it can flatten the image a bit which is visible in the clouds and some trees.

Personally I prefer Hangar 360s results, apart from the lack of sky.

Interesting comparison, thanks.

Other than the cool Tinyplanet animation (and filling the sky) Hangar looks like the winner to me, in terms of clarity and color, hands down actually, which is odd since it takes 20 pictures vs 46 for Sphere.

A further comparison would be to look at the pictures processed by ICE and hosted on roundme or kuula (haven't tried that one) for instance.

Judging by my experiments with PTGui it seems Hangar produces an HDR 360 and to be fair the processing on their servers takes quite a bit of time vs what the DJI Go app does pretty much on the fly.

Another "plus" for the DJI Sphere is that you can export it to your film roll in a flat 4000x2000 (too bad it's not larger) format that you can then "play with" in Theta+. There is no exporting with Hangar.

A further comparison would be to look at the pictures processed by ICE and hosted on roundme or kuula (haven't tried that one) for instance.

I do have a version generated with Autopano Giga on my Mac. I'll add the metadata and upload when I get the chance.

Reactions: Drony Danza
I'm sure someone's already covered this but all the info is pretty confusing.... I have a very decent 360 I did in Hangar but I want to embed it on my facebook business page. I can only export to my personal page. Does anyone have any ideas how to export or upload it or shall I start again in another of the mentioned apps. I found a good looking community called RoundMe (.com) but I don't know how to actually get the pano I've saved to my dropbox from Hangar (with no file extension that I can see) on to this Roundme app as it doesn't recognise the file format.

I do have a version generated with Autopano Giga on my Ma

I tried to get on the Autopano Giga site but it didn't want to load. o_O

Hangar produces the best results I've found (compared to AutoPano, PTGui and ICE) and it's got a great viewer unfortunately it does not raise the camera like the DJI GO App and you can't export the output. If you share on your FB page it will both embed it and add the link in my experience.

If you share on your FB page it will both embed it and add the link in my experience.

Yes I've just shared it to my personal page but the hangar app doesn't give you option to change where you're posting it so I can't post it to my business page.:(

Did some 360s today in poor lighting and Hangar really produced some great results, very good color, exposure, sharpness, too bad there's no way to export the result. It's very hard to get a similar result with PTGui, AutoPano or ICE unfortunately.

As has been written above you can't...but you can retrieve the pictures from your SD card and stitch them with ICE for instance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67