Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

I thought the mavics used ocusync or whatever it's called? there was this guy at the park (in Brighton UK) a while back who said his Mavic could go 4 miles away, pretty sure it was before all this ce/fcc stuff was worked out too.

Yes, the Mavic pro doesn't need FCC: here in Italy people are flying it at more than 3 kilometers with rock solid signal both for control and for video feed. Then if one needs to go beyond that I'd agree with FCC but still would ask "Why? Why more then 3 kilometers? That's asking for troubles"

Yes, the Mavic pro doesn't need FCC: here in Italy people are flying it at more than 3 kilometers with rock solid signal both for control and for video feed. Then if one needs to go beyond that I'd agree with FCC but still would ask "Why? Why more then 3 kilometers? That's asking for troubles"
Because some people like me have the spark and need the fcc mode for that because the mavic pro and Spark use the same app go4 it means it's a pain in the but tying to keep fcc mode for the spark using the same app so I just use this mod app for both and it just keeps it in fcc mode for both.

Hi... is it working FOLLOW ME mode with spark?
NOT active track (I want to follow under trees, where mobile signal is ok, but visual -active track- not).

thanks

It's not matter of distance as of stability :)
In example my last flight was with P4 in urban area. On CE around 900m. Second battery Fcc 3500m easily. Rock solid signal. I don't have need to get that far but diference is staggering

I installed mod 2.0 app, and cannot see the strength and interference of each channel. The channel graph is empty. It's in FCC mode for sure.

The problem is the same, with otg or WiFi.

Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime, android 6.01 and MUI 9.5.3.

Didn't fly yet but I'll give it a try, once the weather permits.

Hello Guys!

I have exactly the same problem as Imel2005 - no signal strength on graph. And I am also not sure if My spark (with RC) is working in FCC mode. Could You please post some print screen of this "channel tab" with FCC working? How should this looks like?

Thanks!

IT doesn't work, if you want that feature go back to the modified 4.1.3 that can be found elsewhere on the web and connect to the remote via wifi, then you'll get channel rssi (there is another thread here about it and this was the only way I could get it working), but you won't get it in mod2 or if you connect by OTG.

This rssi page has been re-enabled during the patching process, in the original version of 4.1.15 which mod2 is based on) the rssi page is hidden if you connect to the remote by OTG.

You can have both mod2 and 4.1.3 installed together, what I do if unsure is start 4.1.3, check rssi and change channel if needed, then close 4.1.3 and open mod2 and fly, the channel remains set. If you are running mod2, then your spark is in fcc mode, it forces the craft into the mode the first time it's run and will only change back if you tell it to, you can also tell by there only being 11 channels on the rssi page (even though you won't get a rssi reading, the channels are still listed, so for 2.4Ghz, 11 channels = fcc, 13 channels = ce.

Last edited:
Hi... is it working FOLLOW ME mode with spark?
NOT active track (I want to follow under trees, where mobile signal is ok, but visual -active track- not).

thanks
No, its a Mavic specific mode. It follows the RC, which Spark doesnt do. Active track is your only option as far as I know.

I suggest you to try latest dji go, i have tested it and it work's good, no problems whatsoever. FCC works, OTG works, channel graph works with both wifi and otg. I also tested latency and it is slightly lower on latest dji go vs 1.15.
Downside is that you have every time cancel change to CE, video cache can't be turned of and it doesn't have those extra flight modes.

Hi 0v3rrid3,

I'm living in Europe so here I have only CE mode. This is mine reason for me to use this DJI Go MOD. Could You please tell me if this old trick with Fake GPS location is still working in newest DJI Go (official) app which one are You talking about?

Thank You for help!

Hi 0v3rrid3,

I'm living in Europe so here I have only CE mode. This is mine reason for me to use this DJI Go MOD. Could You please tell me if this old trick with Fake GPS location is still working in newest DJI Go (official) app which one are You talking about?

Thank You for help!
You can use MOD app to switch to FCC then install latest GO and when you connect it will ask you to switch wifi mode you just press CANCEL every time and it will stay in FCC.

I installed mod 2.0 app, and cannot see the strength and interference of each channel. The channel graph is empty. It's in FCC mode for sure.

The problem is the same, with otg or WiFi.

Xiaomi Redmi 4 prime, android 6.01 and MUI 9.5.3.

Didn't fly yet but I'll give it a try, once the weather permits.
Same with mine using the Samsung s8 no bars in WiFi settings.

I'm finding this mod app very finaky it has to be switched on in a certain order or the video feed is laggy as hell.

I've been using the Facebook dji mods the Spark side groups tss app and that one is silky smooth video link either way you start the spark absolutely no lag.

Has anyone else had really bad lagging on this mod 2 app? I'm using Samsung galaxy s8 so I know the phone should handle this app.

I'm finding this mod app very finaky it has to be switched on in a certain order or the video feed is laggy as hell.

I've been using the Facebook dji mods the Spark side groups tss app and that one is silky smooth video link either way you start the spark absolutely no lag.

Has anyone else had really bad lagging on this mod 2 app? I'm using Samsung galaxy s8 so I know the phone should handle this app.
Note 8 on Oreo.
This is how modded lite version run every time.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Note 8 on Oreo.
This is how modded lite version run every time.

Attitude mode hahaha

I thought when you put it in cinema mode it's supposed to be slow and smooth not 40 50 kph what's going there?

Try Cinematic and you will hardly do Sport again!
Slow and smooth is Tripod mode..haha
Just to warn ppl about Cinematic mode... When you let go the stick in 50 kmh.. it needs 20+ meter to stop. You can slam on Sport mode if you panic.
Cinematic will do almost full speed... Slow braking...Slow yaw.. Gimbal in follow, not fpv.
Free your bird and have fun!

Reactions: Gavieboydgi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf