Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

This thread is about the modded Go 4 app (see page 1)
When installed it will show Mavic flight modes on your Spark.

Reactions: Fiete
Sorry guys but I don't get it. I have very poor battery autonomy on the Spark. Like 10 minutes. How do you get to fly all those kilometers is beyond my belief. And I used it more like for stable photos, panoramas around me. So 10 minutes - 2 minutes when it says "i have to land", and around 2 minutes lost for the start I may be able to fly like 1 km and back, but with care to be able to make a movie or so. Fact is at maximum speed of 50km/h that would make 2.5km and back, but then I would not be able to care about the movie or photos.
I looked into it and a secured flight expectation autonomy is around 6 minutes.

I suggest you to try latest dji go, i have tested it and it work's good, no problems whatsoever. FCC works, OTG works, channel graph works with both wifi and otg. I also tested latency and it is slightly lower on latest dji go vs 1.15.
Downside is that you have every time cancel change to CE, video cache can't be turned of and it doesn't have those extra flight modes.
How does OTG work ? It seems there is no big deal switching from OTG to wifi (if I disconnect the cable the DJI mod app still goes along without a fuss). Do I have to disconnect wifi from the phone to the RC for OTG to work ?

No, its a Mavic specific mode. It follows the RC, which Spark doesnt do. Active track is your only option as far as I know.
Hi friend, thanks for answer.

Really Follow me, follows the "mobile" attached to remote (remote hasn´t GPS). I don´t understand... some people reports it works (not active track, and it follow to you), other it doesn´t work...

I've read something as to spark has a limited range and that spark follows you but takes his mark on the departure GPS point. So it keeps the range to be able to go back to the starting point of Follow me mode. It was compared to some other DJI (not sure which but I believe was the Phantom) who would follow your connected RC by its wifi emitter position.

Sorry guys but I don't get it. I have very poor battery autonomy on the Spark. Like 10 minutes. How do you get to fly all those kilometers is beyond my belief. And I used it more like for stable photos, panoramas around me. So 10 minutes - 2 minutes when it says "i have to land", and around 2 minutes lost for the start I may be able to fly like 1 km and back, but with care to be able to make a movie or so. Fact is at maximum speed of 50km/h that would make 2.5km and back, but then I would not be able to care about the movie or photos.
I looked into it and a secured flight expectation autonomy is around 6 minutes.

I think the discussion on the flight time should be airborne time. Everyone has different style of flying, airborne set camera setting .........bla,bla etc will eat into your flight time.

My average airborne time is about 12mins too.

The furthest i can reached is 1.8km with jerky videography due to sports mode, after returning to original position i still have about 50% battery depending on various condition. I set low battery warning at 20%.

Before it reached the low battery warning i would have airborne for 12mins.

That is my past observations.

Now i don't look at the time but more on battery level before deciding to RTN or continue with my flight.

How does OTG work ? It seems there is no big deal switching from OTG to wifi (if I disconnect the cable the DJI mod app still goes along without a fuss). Do I have to disconnect wifi from the phone to the RC for OTG to work ?
Set your phone in Flight mode (no WiFi).

Turn on your Spark and RC, and wait for the green light on RC.

Then run DJI GO 4 app, and connect your OTG cable. You should be "connected" and have video feed through the cable (WiFi is turned off).

Hello

I have a question, did you try with your spark mode "active track spotlight" as on the mavic?

with the active track mode, I only have the orbit mode

thk ^^

Just to warn ppl about Cinematic mode... When you let go the stick in 50 kmh.. it needs 20+ meter to stop. You can slam on Sport mode if you panic.
Cinematic will do almost full speed... Slow braking...Slow yaw.. Gimbal in follow, not fpv.
Free your bird and have fun!
Tried cinematic mode last night I can't understand why dji doesn't switch the fpv mode back to follow in sports mode the gimble can handle it and you wouldn't have that horrible tilting when flying in sports mode on your videos

Reactions: Haggi
Tried cinematic mode last night I can't understand why dji doesn't switch the fpv mode back to follow in sports mode the gimble can handle it and you wouldn't have that horrible tilting when flying in sports mode on your videos
Remember, Sport mode does alot more aggressive turns and brakes. Maybe gimbal would suffer then.
First run in Cinematic sure is magic!

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
got my spark recently, and living in europe the range is quite limited so i wanted to switch to fcc mode. Should this mod do it automatically or do i have to do something myself? Installed the app and launched it, i still see more than 11 channels and 149 is chosen by the app. I tried resetting the wifi but no differ. Phone I am using is OnePlus 5 and i have the origina dji go 4 app installed. Help would be very much appreciated.

Anyone help with this? Should the FCC mode be automaticly on when using the modded app?

Mine has 13 Channels in the 5,8Ghz band, what could be wrong?
If you open the GO 4 app you are using, and you hit "Me" in the bottom right corner.
Then the "cog"-symbol in top right corner..
What version does it say at the bottom?

If you have both official version and the modded 2.0 version installed on the device.. you didnt accidently open the official?

If you open the GO 4 app you are using, and you hit "Me" in the bottom right corner.
Then the "cog"-symbol in top right corner..
What version does it say at the bottom?

If you have both official version and the modded 2.0 version installed on the device.. you didnt accidently open the official?

It says DJI GO 4 v4.1.15(411-original). I deleted the official app before installing the modded version for just in case. Maybe i should reinstall? The weird thing is that i get slighty better signal with modded even though it isnt FCC. now i get somewhere near 300 meters before the video cuts out vs. 200 meters with original app.

It says DJI GO 4 v4.1.15(411-original). I deleted the official app before installing the modded version for just in case. Maybe i should reinstall? The weird thing is that i get slighty better signal with modded even though it isnt FCC. now i get somewhere near 300 meters before the video cuts out vs. 200 meters with original app.
Never seen a problem like this..
Maybe uninstall and delete DJI folder..
Reboot..and fresh install modded app.

It should show channels like this if FCC:

082651u4csc2xtymiss9zc.jpg

Never seen a problem like this..
Maybe unistall and delete DJI folder..
Reboot..and fresh install modded app.

It should show channels like this if FCC:

View attachment 5459

Yeah, i get back on you when i have reinstalled and tested. I dont see that, mine shows channels from 1 to 11 and then the 149 etc. And is currently on 149.

Edit: do i have to reset the drone and controller before connecting to the reinstalled app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis