Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Car Charger Suggestion

I am not the sharpest knife in the box, but here is what I do when traveling. I get the following equipment:

- An inverter from Harbor Freight (or wherever you please)
Be careful with cheapo inverters - they produce a square wave - not the recommended sine wave - which can damage certain switching power supplies and chargers. My advice it check the heat with normal house current then compare with the inverter.

Wasn't talking to you, and with that kind of attitude I can't be bothered to provide you any assistance.

Assistance ? Who do you think you are, the forum's resident expert with your 20 messages since you joined last week ? If you had bothered to read the thread and/or properly quote the message you were apparently replying to, you would have seen that everyone here's been sorted for months as far as car charging solutions go. My message was just a follow-up message to confirm that ratometro's solution had worked fine.

Wow, who'd have thought that after only one week here I'd already have someone on my ignore list? I guess some people really do wake up in the morning looking for a reason to be pissed off, glad I could provide that for you today.

A lot of battery chargers have the option of charging a 6 volt battery and a 12 volt battery. The options on the 12 volt are 2 amps for a slow trickle charge, 30-40 amps for a rapid charge, and about 200 amps for an engine start boost.

If you Google “auto inverter” you’ll find lots of articles that say the less expensive modified sine wave inverters work fine for most electronics, and devices that have AC motors generally run best on pure sine wave inverters.

I’ve been using several inexpensive modified sine wave inverters for years with no problems with all kinds of stuff including switching power supplies for laptop PCs, ham radio transceivers, as well as computer-controlled, AC-powered lipo battery chargers for drone and RC aircraft batteries.

I typically charge my Spark and Mavic Pro batteries in the car with an inexpensive, 100-Watt Harbor Freight inverter, with which I have had no problems. I made an accessory power port plug for my inverter so I can plug it in near the front seats or cargo area of my Outback. Most inverters only come with battery clips that you clip directly to the car’s battery, which doesn’t work if you want to drive while charging.

Having said the above, do not charge lipo batteries, including your Spark batteries, in the car unattended. There is a risk of fire.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit