Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Q&A (Your Questions Answered)

Here's a good question.

Are the remote dimensions for Spark (joystick spacing and height) the same as Mavic remote?

I ask because I saw joystick protectors that prevent joysticks from being smashed while in a bag for transport.

I have a demo Spark Fly More Kit from Florida Drone Supply. My joystick protector from my Mavic fits my Spark.

IMG_1235 (1).jpg IMG_1236 (1).jpg IMG_1237 (1).jpg

Last edited:
You are correct...hobbyist(s) NO longer need to register

Can anyone provide a link to something that substantiates this? The .55 rule that I quoted earlier was pulled from the FAA site today. If 350 is now true, it may change my mind about returning the Spark.

Here's a good question.

Are the remote dimensions for Spark (joystick spacing and height) the same as Mavic remote?

I ask because I saw joystick protectors that prevent joysticks from being smashed while in a bag for transport.

Yes...the same dimensions... I used the joy stick protector and the little controller semi-hard case from my Mavic and it fits perfectly... You will probabaly want the controller..But they did not add the LED screen that the mavic has. Pity. But it is nice to had the controller, kind of a no-frills Mavic controller.

That's great! But I don't see where it says anything about 350 grams. It appears that all non-commercial drones are now exempted from registration. Did I miss something?

350g isn't a 'thing' as you pointed out the limit is 250g.

However, what changed was that the need for a recreational user to register at all has been struck down, at least for the moment.

350g isn't a 'thing' as you pointed out the limit is 250g.

However, what changed was that the need for a recreational user to register at all has been struck down, at least for the moment.

The White House has vowed to unmake two regs for every single new one. I'm all for having this be one that they leave dead.

The White House has vowed to unmake two regs for every single new one. I'm all for having this be one that they leave dead.
What concerns me is instead of a unified national registration and regulations, there will be a thousand state and local requirements, restrictions and registrations imposed. Imagine having to be registered in your state and county and surrounding area and city, all with different requirements and restrictions. And having to be registered in all your neighboring counties to fly there.

I'm concerned that I may be moving into a NFZ but I'd like to at least be able to fly around at a very low altitude, like about 10 feet, just for fun, when I'm close to home. A dead drone at home is enough to keep me from ordering. Can I operate the Spark with limited capabilities or will it be dead until I leave the NFZ area?

What concerns me is instead of a unified national registration and regulations, there will be a thousand state and local requirements, restrictions and registrations imposed. Imagine having to be registered in your state and county and surrounding area and city, all with different requirements and restrictions. And having to be registered in all your neighboring counties to fly there.

Works for me! That's the same way most licensing works. Car, voter, marriage... The Feds make worse almost everything they touch. All I want the Feds to do is prohibit making uavs illegal. Let the states handle the rest. Sure in some states that will make things worse (like CA), but like most things they'll stay hands off until there's a major incident.

I just handed the police close-up video of a guy stealing a bicycle and they still didn't have time to do anything. Given all the really bad stuff that goes on, how much time are they going to want to spend on drone accidents?

New here! If I activate the drone via palm launch, am I able to connect to my phone via wifi during mid flight? just wanted to know in case i feel that i want to get a better view

New here! If I activate the drone via palm launch, am I able to connect to my phone via wifi during mid flight? just wanted to know in case i feel that i want to get a better view
You should have the phone or rc connected before using the gesture mode. you can still takeoff with plam launch. If things go wrong your already connected and can pick them up and take over

You can connect mid flight after palm launching. I did that with ny RC to rescue a stuck Spark hitting the 20 Meters perimeter limit.

if you are in Europe you must reset wifi on Spark before launch

if you are in Europe you must reset wifi on Spark before launch
True , if not you will hang in air and phone will not connect because of WiFi 5.4Ghz bug in spark . It is best to connect first to phone to have : 1 control if needed , 2 log from flight to show if something happens wrong.

True , if not you will hang in air and phone will not connect because of WiFi 5.4Ghz bug in spark . It is best to connect first to phone to have : 1 control if needed , 2 log from flight to show if something happens wrong.
You sure it's not 2.8Ghz bug? :p

You sure it's not 2.8Ghz bug? :p
It's because European 5ghz is closer to 5.4 than 5.8. But it's safer to say 5ghz . As you can see European channels are from 100-140. Spark scan starts from 149 and if you turn it on its always suggested to use 5ghz band because it's cleaner , free of interference. And we end up with spark broadcasting on 5 but we don't see it.
3c9d30161ba1ce047139d8b042243bdf.jpg

It's because European 5ghz is closer to 5.4 than 5.8. But it's safer to say 5ghz . As you can see European channels are from 100-140. Spark scan starts from 149 and if you turn it on its always suggested to use 5ghz band because it's cleaner , free of interference. And we end up with spark broadcasting on 5 but we don't see it.
Interesting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast