Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Getting ready to buy an i-pad Mini-4 just for the Spark

MedicineMan4004

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Loc
upper east TN
Now I don't know the first thing about apple.
I'm going for the WiFi only model of Mini-4.
I understand I'll not have certain flight features with the Spark but am not sure about which one?
So will I have to pay for Go 4 app in the i-store?

Since I'll only be using this for the Spark I won't be loading down the pad with lots of other apps with
would hog memory and processor, that's a good think I'd think for Spark integration.

I did look up the Mini-4 at DJI's compatibility site and it is supported and tested. Can't say the same
about all the android devices at home.

The Go4 app is free :)

Make sure you check a thread mentioning how you could load the map if your ipad is wifi only model.

Thanks Lancelot.
I did see that thread on caching maps.
I do wish I could by a mini-4 with GPS/cellular and just not activate the cellular! but
at BestBuy I do not see that option available :(
With GPS I could at least use the pad for Maps.me which is a fav. travel app and we've used it in
Norway/Chile/Costa Rica, just wish we known about it in s.Africa.
Other than travel mapping the only other use for the mini-4 will be the Spark.

Now truthfully the primary desire/purchase of the Spark is simply to go up above treeline for pano shots and
looking back down at our campsite.....that said needing a map is just not on the have-to list.

I do wish I could by a mini-4 with GPS/cellular and just not activate the cellular! but at BestBuy I do not see that option available
You can buy it without a contract, but it'll be more expensive. For example, you can buy the Verizon version of the iPad Mini 4 for $529 here without a contract. It's only $229 with a 2-year contract.

Yes saw that at BestBuy....I'd go for the cellular model but it wouldn't be here in time. Leave next Wednesday morning on a 25 day trip.
The WiFi only model is in town so I'll have to make due with it...tethering to the phone if/when I ever need to. Nothing wrong dedicating this
'screen' to the Spark though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran