Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GO4 app crashes in flight...

SeanR

Join
Jul 7, 2017
So I have 2 different Android devices and an OTG cable to fly my Spark with. Nearly every time I fly the app crashes in flight. I've seen suggestions of turning off the cache in the app which I presume means it won't load any low quality videos for review until you pull them from the SDcard manually...not ideal but better than crashing. Also suggestions of turning off bluetooth and autorotate, even going into airplane mode. Lastly I've seen it recommended to change the pixel size to (287) in developer settings on your phone, I'm only wondering if that number is fine for a much larger tablet...

I would love to use the Litchi app as many have reported the crashing is much more rare in that. I hope that comes out soon for the spark...

Any other suggestions? I'm going to do some testing today and I'll report back later.

I have success!

My first attempt with my Nexus 9 Tablet failed, I got about 800 feet away with an altitude of about 100 feet and I lost connection then the app crashed and the tablet acted all crazy....needless to say that was horrible. I had it in airplane mode with OTG cable and thus no success.

However my first attempt flying the Spark with my Nexus 6P connected with the OTG (Controller to MicroUSB to USB-A female to USB-A male to USB-C to Phone) went very very well. I started and stopped recording multiple times (which has caused issues in the past) and no problem. I also went to almost 1000 feet away with no disconnect or issue at all. Response was very quick and I even attempted the RTH button which I have been afraid of due to app crashes etc...

Anywho what I did:
Airplane Mode ON
Auto Rotate OFF
Clear DJI GO4 Cache before each flight
Us OTG Cable

I hope this helps someone, I will do more testing once my batteries charge back up, so far so good.

Same with my phone Samsung S6, crash mid flight each time, something like 5 minutes after take off.
I think it is more an issue with the android version of GO app, on a iPad mini 4, no issue, but the version of the app is more recent.
If it is the same story as for the Phantom 3, the android app development is always behind the iPhone version but at the end they reach the same level. So we have to be patient but currently I see a huge difference between the two with almost no real issue with a iPad and a lot of issues with the android version.

Hi
Got same problem here today with my shield K1.
App crashed but i managed to restart the app and fly home, scary moment. Now i dont know if i can trust my shield.
(Used OTG cable)

Hi
Got same problem here today with my shield K1.
App crashed but i managed to restart the app and fly home, scary moment. Now i dont know if i can trust my shield.
(Used OTG cable)
Happen to me using android, now with a iPad mini 4 (even if I said never), no issue at all. At least with the RC, you keep control of it for the time the app can be restarted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme