Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Central Florida

Steves4953

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Loc
Leesburg, FL
Greetings,

New/First time Spark owner from Leesburg, FL. Hope to get the Spark up in the air today if I can find a good clear location around here. Any suggestions from other Central FL members appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Steves4953
Greetings,

New/First time Spark owner from Leesburg, FL. Hope to get the Spark up in the air today if I can find a good clear location around here. Any suggestions from other Central FL members appreciated.

You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. Leesburg area is a great place to fly with all those lakes and forests. I always stop there when passing thru from Vero Beach to UF Gainesville.

You can download an app called AirMap that shows where the unrestricted air space is locally. You can fly within 5 miles of Leesburg Airport as long as you notify the tower. But the state and national parks (including Ocala Forest) are strictly off limits.

You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful area. Leesburg area is a great place to fly with all those lakes and forests. I always stop there when passing thru from Vero Beach to UF Gainesville.

You can download an app called AirMap that shows where the unrestricted air space is locally. You can fly within 5 miles of Leesburg Airport as long as you notify the tower. But the state and national parks (including Ocala Forest) are strictly off limits.

Andre, Thanks for the info. I do have have AirMap and I'm trying to figure it out. Kind of confusing with all of the smaller airports around. I can't seem to locate a phone number for Leesburg tower, do you happen to know it. If not I'll just call the Airport Manager and see if they'll give it to me.

If you do a long press directly over the airport in AirMap the phone number comes up under the Advisories tab. And if you touch on phone number it even dials the call for you...

EB493BA4-738E-43CD-830F-32EE5E846F6B.jpeg

Whenever I phone airports I usually just call main number and operator patches me through to air traffic control tower (ATC). Never had a problem. I guess it's a common request.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Steves4953

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

If you do a long press directly over the airport in AirMap the phone number comes up under the Advisories tab. And if you touch on phone number it even dials the call for you...

View attachment 8120

Whenever I phone airports I usually just call main number and operator patches me through to air traffic control tower (ATC). Never had a problem. I guess it's a common request.

Thanks again Andre. Appreciate the assistance and info.

Andre, Thanks for the info. I do have have AirMap and I'm trying to figure it out. Kind of confusing with all of the smaller airports around. I can't seem to locate a phone number for Leesburg tower, do you happen to know it. If not I'll just call the Airport Manager and see if they'll give it to me.

Yes. There are dozens of tiny airstrips but many are inactive and just don't get taken off the map. They are on private ranches or orchards and don't get much use. They have no tower to call and phone numbers often out of service.

The crop dusters and other small planes are really loud and easy to spot from far away. I drop down quickly in Sport Mode but they are up much much higher so never an issue. Just need to keep eyes and ears open and yield to manned aircraft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis