Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

HELP with out of the box setup!!!

nissan6341

Join
Nov 30, 2018
I purchased the spark combo that comes with the remote, and I'm wanting to use the method of connecting your phone to the remote to fly my unit. Does anyone have any links to videos to help me set this up step by step? During the setup process I keep getting a WLAN error? I'm new to the Drone world. Also would appreciate you need help on how to fly it indoors without GPS, videos I watched are kind of confusing about how to do this.

The Spark remote should already be paired to the aircraft if you purchased the combo...if not pairing info is in the manual (Linking the Remote Controller section). Make sure this works first without the phone in the mix.

Once the remote is communicating with the Spark you can connect the phone to the remote with the cable supplied in your combo, then start the DJI GO app.

Using the cable you do not need wifi on the phone...I’d recommend turning wifi OFF on your phone, at least until you get things going...

Reactions: nissan6341
Watch the light on your controller as once it has turned green you will know that the two units are connected . I would not do any flying inside until you have some experience flying it

Reactions: nissan6341
Some beginner tips.

1. Learn about RTH and Home Point setting before you go on your first flight.
It is utmost necessary to make sure that the home point has been recorded before you take off because as a beginner you will never know how the RC will function in your vicinity (interference, loss of signal etc), and the RTH function comes very handy for the first few flights.
2. Do not fly in the dark. You will learn over the course of time that the SPARK is nowhere as stable without its VISION SYSTEM fully functioning.
3. Make sure you are in an open area and be very careful while using features like ACTIVE TRACK, QUICK SHOT, TAP FLY or SPORTS MODE.
4. Use TRIPOD mode as much as possible.

I agree I wouldn't fly the Spark inside until you get use to the Spark movements. When you do decide to fly inside be sure to use your prop guards and fly in beginner mode.

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar