Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hobby King sale on Spark batteries $20

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, HoosierAerials.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Reactions: HoosierAerials
I think tsafe may be correct.

I checked and they are not there for $20, just the other one at $49.

Boy I hope the batteries that were purchased are not hibernating bricks needing to be returned. I guess I'll find out in a week or so.

I wonder if DJI will warranty them, but as long s HobbyKing is an authorized dealer, they should. There's something wrong here, because i'm pretty sure the batteries wholesale for more than $20 each! I wonder if they have a "sell by" date or something. Just like a grocery store, they practically give stuff away when it gets close to that date.

Appears they are sold out again....And so much for same day shipping. I just checked tracking and they have not been shipped yet, just a printing label was created.

I wonder if DJI will warranty them, but as long s HobbyKing is an authorized dealer, they should. There's something wrong here, because i'm pretty sure the batteries wholesale for more than $20 each! I wonder if they have a "sell by" date or something. Just like a grocery store, they practically give stuff away when it gets close to that date.

Yes, HK is a DJI authorized reseller and these were sold as new, so I would expect the warranty not to be an issue.

I received the ones I ordered about a 1/2 hour ago, and yes, they are the ones with the smaller clips (meaning these were old stock close-outs, likely just replaced by the new SKU with the bigger clips). Need to use the battery strap with them! The batteries that came with my Fly More Combo several months ago have the bigger clips, so I'll likely label these so I can easily tell them apart.

Plugged them into the Spark, added USB power and both batteries woke up with 2 lights lit when the button is pressed, have them on the 3 ganged charger that came with the Fly More combo and they are flashing like crazy!

So far, so good!

Reactions: mano and Spark 317
All good news, or at least about what we were I was expecting. And wow you got yours quick...I just checked the tracking number and mine have not even shipped yet, but I have an expected delivery date of this Friday.

Did you know, if you install the battery into the Spark, then start up the DJI Go4 app, you can get details on the battery, like the manufacture date and more?!

Just got my three. All currently charging and I cant see any difference between the ones in my week old fly more combo and the HK ones.

Did you know, if you install the battery into the Spark, then start up the DJI Go4 app, you can get details on the battery, like the manufacture date and more?!

I did that after they had charged up, both batteries required a firmware update and there was a manufacture date of 6/2017.

Just got my three. All currently charging and I cant see any difference between the ones in my week old fly more combo and the HK ones.

Look at the pointed top of the black tab that locks into the Spark body (the tiny black locking tabs), they are connected to the finger tabs you activate to remove the battery. The tabs stick twice as far out the top of the battery body on the newer ones than they do on the older ones. On the new ones, the top of the tab is even with the top of the little box in the side of the body, whereas on the older one the tab is about half way up.

Last edited:
Reactions: mano and TeamNIR
I did that after they had charged up, both batteries required a firmware update and there was a manufacture date of 6/2017.

Hmmmm, so I'd say looking at them the two batteries that came with the fly more combo (Amazon) are the same as the three form HK. All five are short of the top of the square molding but are all well above half way up that square. Eye balling it I'd say they were all 8/10ths of the height of the box. So they are all either old style or all new style :)

Where to purchase batteries with larger locking clips

This above link takes you to a thread here that has a picture of the old and new batteries for comparison.

My Spark fly more combo came with batteries made 8/2017 and they are the new style, so these ones made 6/2017 must have been the last of the smaller clips I would think. Perhaps DJI sold them at a discount to their retailers, to clear them out.

Anyways, I am ordering a battery strap today, lol. $1.49 from China via EBay! And I guess I am gonna have to learn how to update the firmware on a battery :confused:

Is everyone getting their batteries? My tracking number says they left Oregon on Monday, but no updates since then, and today is Friday...Apparently they sent them via stagecoach, lol. We shall see if they make it to NY.

Apparently they sent them via stagecoach, lol. We shall see if they make it to NY.

We'll see if the stagecoach passes through IN first before NY.

I'm supposed to get 3 today.

Last edited:
We'll see if the stagecoach passes through IN first before NY.

I'm supposed to get 3 today.

Well, the stage coach dropped off the batteries and are charging. They appear to be the old style but doesn't matter as my other six are old as well and I use an O ring for added protection.

Next step is to upgrade the firmware if needed, check the manufacturing dates, and a possible test flight, weather permitting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502