Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How loud are they? P4 vs. Mavic vs. Spark

Previous Member

Join
May 26, 2017
I did a physical test, instead of using the specs provided by DJI, to check the decibel level of 3 birds. Here are the results from 6 inches away:

Phantom 4: 83db
Mavic: 81db
Spark: 83db

Mavic was the quietest of the 3

Wow - That's really surprising.

Thanks and I do believe you . . . But 6" away - far too close for MY comfort!

;)

Reactions: Previous Member
I did a physical test, instead of using the specs provided by DJI, to check the decibel level of 3 birds. Here are the results from 6 inches away:

Phantom 4: 83db
Mavic: 81db
Spark: 83db

Mavic was the quietest of the 3
That is really interesting, and is supportive of what some been saying. That is a very important point when deciding on which drone to launch around people. Spark wins on size, but if it isn't quieter then the size benefit goes away very quickly for me since the Mavic wins on just about every other measure.

Is it possible that the results would be different at a farther distance? Can sound dissipate differently depending on the type of sound (higher pitch, etc.)? Could this make the Spark quieter at say 50 feet? I don't have a technical background at all and have no idea if this is possible.

Reactions: Previous Member
Wow - That's really surprising.

Thanks and I do believe you . . . But 6" away - far too close for MY comfort!

;)

I felt the need to get close, otherwise the meter might pick up cars, trucks, etc. I do agree that 6" is close, but I trust my DJI babies not to bite me, and I wouldn't do it on a windy day.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Thunderdrones as I'm sure a number of people find the info quite helpful. some were expecting the Spark to be as quiet as a mouse being it is so small. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme