Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I did some testing

Lastrexking

Join
Jun 2, 2017
Loc
Yorkshire
Today my Spark told me the compass needed calibrating. So, a chance to test some things.

I tethered the Spark, and took off. It was fine for 45m, then lost gps, went into atti mode and took off. I got control, got it back.

Next, I took off without full gps and no home point set. It went into atti mode, and if I released control went with the wind, which was fairly strong.

So, I landed the spark, calibrated compass, got full gps and rth set in. I took off, and it was perfect as it always has been.

Now, I’m not trying to say that EVERY Spark that has floated off is because of poor ownership. But, my testing suggests that if you don’t follow the basics as laid out in the manual, then you’re heading into problem territory.

Fantastic for some to do some test , i been on the fence for a few weeks now to jump into the spark or not . Definitely i am now !!!!

Couldn't agree more...I flew my spark for the first time yesterday away from home and ....OVER A BIG LAKE! I was petrified of a fly away and even worse into the lake...BUT since I was more than 100 kms from home (where I normally fly), I recalibrated the compass, checked for interference on the wifi band and channel I was on, all was green and clear, and the Spark was awesome, it was fairly windy too, but no problems at all...it's a great little drone, before you fly take the time to do your preflight checks and you shouldn't have any problems...

Reactions: Lastrexking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena