Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I love my Sparky

Haha awesome! Well done??

Reactions: nilanjan118
Haha awesome! Well done??
Thanks. ?

D_a_m_n creative!
Now you need to explain like I'm 5 how to do the overlay ;)

Glad you liked it. ? The overlay is created using a software called Dashware. If you are a Windows user, you can download it for free here.
Once you install Dashware, you need to import the video and telemetry data file into it. The video needs to have sound or else Dashware cannot render it. So for any recorded video of the Spark, it's a bit cumbersome but you need to use any video editing software to put some music track on the video before you can use it in Dashware. Now to get the telemetry data file, you can use Airdata. I have both my Go4 and Litchi accounts linked with Airdata and so all my flight records get automatically synced there. If you use Go4 for flying, you can download the original .txt file. Select 'Flytrex' data profile on Dashware while importing the .txt log file. In case you use Litchi, make sure you download the GPX log file from Airdata. At the time of importing this file into Dashware, use data profile 'GPX'. Once both the video and log file is imported in Dashware, you need to synchronize them. You can then choose from a number of gauges, maps etc. and even design your own gauges to create the overlay.

Reminds me of the days of sky writing.

Years ago as I was driving down the highway, I seen an airplane diving at an angle with smoke pouring out of it and I thought it was going to crash.
But at the last minute he pulled up and was on way back up to complete the giant heart in the sky. :)

Reactions: nilanjan118
That’s one big field to fly in would be hard to loose Sparkle there.
1km in length and 300m in width. Perfect for new drone pilots. ?

Reminds me of the days of sky writing.

Years ago as I was driving down the highway, I seen an airplane diving at an angle with smoke pouring out of it and I thought it was going to crash.
But at the last minute he pulled up and was on way back up to complete the giant heart in the sky. :)
I have seen those too, albeit in movies only. Now only if we could get something the size of a pen which emitted smoke, it could be taped to the Spark. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh