Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Image Transmission Issues - weak signal - no display

Kim Aswani

Join
Feb 1, 2018
Hello Forum Members,

I have been facing issues with the Spark for the past 2-3 weeks with Image Transmission signal and aircraft disconnecting quite often, signal weak and also display issues. using the latest version, 4.2.6.
I am using iPhone 6 with Version 11.2.5 until yesterday evening 25th Feb 2018 and now I have updated to 11.2.6 but have not flown with new updated iPhone version.
Can anyone please share if anyone is facing the same issues.I fly a distance of 400 meters and altitude of about 60 to 70 meters and this keeps happening.
I start recording from the time I take off and only stop recording when I land...there have been no issues at all with the video....only display issues. Can someone please help me out if facing similar issues.

Thanks

It's interference or poor antenna position. Make sure you have clear line of sight and the antenna are perpendicular to the bird

It's interference or poor antenna position. Make sure you have clear line of sight and the antenna are perpendicular to the bird
Thank you for your reply. I always fly with a clear line of sight and this I have noticed when I have flown from on top of my 20-floor apartment building with nothing obstructing my antenna position.
But i will try again with the updated version of the iphone firmware and repost if i continue to have the same issues....I have been flying for 3 months without any problems like this.

Is this happening in the same location or have you tried several locations, all having the same issue?

At the risk of asking the obvious things:
Do you use the phone in the mode as before when flying? Eg in airplane mode with only wifi on?
Any accessories you carry on you since recently like other bluetooth devices that you didn't have before ?
I agree with droneboi that this sounds like an interference issue with another external source.

Do you use the phone in the mode as before when flying? Eg in airplane mode with only wifi on?
Any accessories you carry on you since recently like other bluetooth devices that you didn't have before ?
I agree with droneboi that this sounds like an interference issue with another external source.
Thank you for your reply.....I fly with the remote and the remote is connected to my device via wifi, also yes I do carry 2 extra phones with me and they are always on me while flying, it did come up on screen once that other Bluetooth / wifi devices are in range, so I guess you are right. I will try again without any other devices on me and try to keep them far away and fly and see if I still have the same issues. Thank you.

Can you also tell me, if I do keep the phone which I connect to the remote on airplane mode, will it still connect to the wifi of the remote and phone? I have never tried switching to airplane mode. I have an Ipad mini which has no Sim Card and I can use that so that there will be only a direct connection from the iPad to the remote without any data interference, I will also make sure that the airplane mode is on and Bluetooth is off.

The most important aspect is that I am always flying with a OTG Cable, from the day i got the drone, in Nov2017, I have been only flying with a OTG cable.

Don't know about iPhones as I don't own one but on all my Android phones that I had, I switch on airplane mode and then enable wifi. In that case you're sure only wifi is active without any other RF interface on that might cause issues.

Hello Forum Members,

I have been facing issues with the Spark for the past 2-3 weeks with Image Transmission signal and aircraft disconnecting quite often, signal weak and also display issues. using the latest version, 4.2.6.
I am using iPhone 6 with Version 11.2.5 until yesterday evening 25th Feb 2018 and now I have updated to 11.2.6 but have not flown with new updated iPhone version.
Can anyone please share if anyone is facing the same issues.I fly a distance of 400 meters and altitude of about 60 to 70 meters and this keeps happening.
I start recording from the time I take off and only stop recording when I land...there have been no issues at all with the video....only display issues. Can someone please help me out if facing similar issues.

Thanks
Make sure you keep the aircraft in a straight line with the remote antennas and all Bluetooth and nearby WiFi devices that may interfere are off or on airplane mode!
Here is a video I made of how to stay in line for better signal/image quality. I hope it helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex