Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Important update

Jesus, exactly what causes this? Guesses?

I will stay with 4.1.4 patched ...
is FIXED - did a refresh (reload) of the update using Assistant and reset the drone to factory setting - if you do this will have to reconnect the drone. Which I forgot all the steps.. going to copy all and put in my notes on my iPhone.. it is in the go app but hard to read in sunlight.

I updated mine today and 2 extra batteries.. was strange when updating the batteries - the first extra beeped the whole time but finished, the second extra no beeping but the drone shut down and restarted during the update.

Next - went to fly take a panorama of sunset - lots of compass calibration errors - same place I did it before the update now says interference. Finally calibrated where I would not think possible on my porch. Up about 50 meters switched to pano the big one 21 photos - went crazy looked up and the drone was taking off. hit the pause button and regained control. brought it down caught my breath. Launched again tried a pano right in front of me - worked no problem. Up again to 50 meters - now will not take a pano. Switched back to single shot - ok, all good signals - flew around few videos. Tried pano again - would not take a pano all three types - no. Back down under 10 meters - pano worked. Tried next battery pano worked low altitude but not high all same problem. All worked before the update today. Will try more in the morning - with OTG cable and without. Go to clearer area. Maybe was too windy today? Is windy here almost all the time (Costa Rica near beach).
Flew inside just to test - and was really unstable compared to before the update - crashed into my kitchen sink where before the update I took panos in my condo now not possible too unstable. Tried to find a way to go back to last firmware and could not find the firmware. Reminds me of Apple and forcing updates with no way to go back. I like the way it was flying before the update now it sucks! Attached image before the update.

ps iPhone 6s with controller first real drone - had a Parrot AR Drone before
UPDATE thanks to DJI Support - suggested a REFRESH and RESET to Factory default settings - that fixed it... ok wasn't really DJI Support - I asked if there was a way to reload the updated firmware and asked if there was a checksum to verify the load.. then was pointed to the Assistant option to REFRESH and RESET - REFRESH - I thought was refresh the screen.. no it is a reload of the firmware.

Reactions: pilotgeg
The Home Point has been updated, please check the ground. :(

Yes however I'm not in a NFZ and have not seen any change.

Just so I’m clear, you install a battery and plug Spark into usb connected to computer, then install update. You then power off Spark and do the same for subsequent batteries, then you need to connect RC to Spark via mobile device wifi and update the RC. Is this correct? Is there a way to check if batteries have been updated?

Help please I'm on vacation in Las Vegas I update firmware for rc, ac, and one battery, and also the nfz. But I have another two batteries that I can't get dji go4 to update either one of those batteries. I don't have my laptop with me seeing that I'm on vacation how else or what else can I do to get this thing to work through the app. Tried restarting everything no luck no access to dji assist

Sent from my SM-G930P using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Help please I'm on vacation in Las Vegas I update firmware for rc, ac, and one battery, and also the nfz. But I have another two batteries that I can't get dji go4 to update either one of those batteries. I don't have my laptop with me seeing that I'm on vacation how else or what else can I do to get this thing to work through the app. Tried restarting everything no luck no access to dji assist

I have two batteries that I needed to update and we're giving me error codes. Here is what I did:
start the spark,
Power up the controller, no OTG cable. Wait for green connect.
On the device change Wi-Fi to the controller, turn off Bluetooth everywhere.
Fire up DJ go. You should get "inconsistent firmware found" - do you want to update?
All good after that

Last edited:
Aftet updating Restart RC and AC after changing batteries. Go back to home splash page of Go4 app where enter device is. It will prompt you to update the battery. Just have to wait long enough for it.

Hi. Exact same thing happened to me, and also on vacation so I only had my IOS devices with me. Couldn't update extra batteries. Found that DJI Go made me update Spark, RC, one battery but didin't update itself to the latest .7 version. Couldn't update extra batteries. As soon as the Go app updated to the newest version I could update extra batteries through the DJI Go app through wifi. Had to wait a day for the App Store to update DJI Go. Very curious.

Okay updated to .600 and the "wifi setting dialog with ignore button" still shows up and I am on FCC afterwards!

Hi Pac,

Quick question. If I understand correctly, you upgraded all the firmwares (RC AC and Batteries) as well as DJI GO 4.1.7. Then you still get the "wifi setting dialog with ignore button". Meaning you can still fly far far awaaaaay (FCC enable)?

Do you enable FCC using a modded Android app ? (that's my case for now)

As said, updated, but I did not get notice of updating the remote.

During flight did not notice anything strange, only while trying to take off from a metal trashcan, I got a compass error which made the Spark fly out of control. Luckily it was not flying high and landed in the soft grass. So all in all did not notice anything new..... although.... [emoji57]while watching back the footage on my phone, I did notice some difference in the picture the camera took, normally I have the body like the young god Thor, but now it seems it takes the picture wrong and I look like a bald 45 year old guy ??!...... btw my gopro has the same issue [emoji57][emoji57][emoji6]
At 67, 45 seems pretty good, Thor.

I did the current update and I don't really notice much of a difference in performance. It seems that the quickshots are fixed but I still have yet to try them. I have noticed that once you update, there is no going back.

Sent from my LG-M430 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Makes it sound like you work for DJI.
If you are running an older version and aren't connected to internet when you fly (airplane mode on your tablet) the Spark will continue to fly. I don't have automatic updates on my Apps or the OS on my Android. They have to have something in your firmware already to be able to 'time-out' your operation ability. How many updates have been issued since the spark came out? My P3P flies just fine on old firmware, haven't updated since 1st time I got it nearly 2 years ago. Every time they came out with new firmware it would have new bugs, so people waited to see how bad it was before they updated.
If I'd known they were going to start doing this type of firmware upgrade, I'd never have bought one. I'll let you know if my Spark stops working...
Freebird, thanks for the tip, I was in Airplane mode. Update failed, so I will try a little later.

Firestat in Ohio

Hi Pac,

Quick question. If I understand correctly, you upgraded all the firmwares (RC AC and Batteries) as well as DJI GO 4.1.7. Then you still get the "wifi setting dialog with ignore button". Meaning you can still fly far far awaaaaay (FCC enable)?

Do you enable FCC using a modded Android app ? (that's my case for now)

I updated all FW (RC, AC, Batteries) but I didnt update DJI Go to 4.1.7 yet, have to do this. But yes, I still get the wifi question and I can confirm that I can fly far. I didnt even need to connect it to a droid with patched APK again, it just kept the FCC setting even after firmware upgrade.

I will update to Go 4.1.7 today or weekend.

I'm having issues updating my 2nd battery. Have tried all the methods in this thread for the people who had similar issues... Nope, still showing me on the status screen, nothing showing up on the splash screen to update my battery firmware. Have tried maybe a bazillion times to no avail.
3982f46e9f46c9bae385f7f47ca08618.jpg

Did you update the dj go app?

Did you tried with DJI assistant 2? It should be the most reliable way.

Reactions: metzalx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran