Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IMU Calibration

James21

Join
Oct 3, 2017
Because when starting up my Spark yesterday the RTH registered was up the road about 50 meters from the Spark outside my house, I thought I haven´t calibrated the compass and IMU for sometime, so I calibrated the compass that was ok, the IMU was taking for ever never went past the calibration 2 of 6, I followed the instructions, I removed the propellers, on a flat table more than 1.5 meters from any metal objects and the Spark had a full battery, sometime later the message low battery came on then later the critical low battery message came on and a few minutes late the battery was dead..any clues as to why it wouldn´t pass the 2 little lights of 6.

Because when starting up my Spark yesterday the RTH registered was up the road about 50 meters from the Spark outside my house, I thought I haven´t calibrated the compass and IMU for sometime, so I calibrated the compass that was ok, the IMU was taking for ever never went past the calibration 2 of 6, I followed the instructions, I removed the propellers, on a flat table more than 1.5 meters from any metal objects and the Spark had a full battery, sometime later the message low battery came on then later the critical low battery message came on and a few minutes late the battery was dead..any clues as to why it wouldn´t pass the 2 little lights of 6.

Try it again and pay attention to the DJI logo of the Spark on the screen during the calibration.

The screen flashes quickly and most people don't catch it so the Spark just sits waiting for you to turn it again.

You're not the first pilot to get hung up on step 2 of the process.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
Thanks for the reply, I´m a bit confused here when you say ¨waiting for you to turn it again¨ I thought turning the Spark 360º that was only for the compass calibration, does this also apply to the IMU calibration?

It's been awhile since I did it but yes.

This procedure is done inside or out on a table and the compass is outside doing the compass dance.

I think the rotation is top to bottom rotation as the Spark is sitting up on it's "hind legs".

Reactions: James21
Great!! done it, yes you have to tip the Spark on it´s nose and sides, the first time I did it I thought the image of the drone on the screen was a overhead view, plus it´s so hot here and I couldn´t see the screen very well for the sun. thanks again.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe